Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | VQLog Help

Reviews Summary for VQLog
VQLog Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $15
Description: VQLog is a shareware log-book program for Windows specially intended for HF or VHF-DX'ers and Satellite enthusiasts, and it is fully usable for ALL amateur bands from 0 KHz to 99 GHz !!. Here you can see some samples of the summaries and graphical statistics generated by this program.
More info: http://www.vqlog.com

You can write your own review of the VQLog.

PA3GYB Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2003 11:45 Send this review to a friend
great program!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A good logging program, it works together with portalog on my palm pda and with adi format for eQSL. Just works fine for me !!
73 de pa3gyb

KC0IMN Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2003 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This program provides exactly what I looked for in a logging program. Configuration was easy and use is a breeze. Registration, support, etc. has been fast and flawless. The $15.00 price tag is a bargin.

M1ACQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2003 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this program in a couple of versions now and it just keeps getting better. It's easy and fast to log contacts (never been at the bottom of a pileup yet so I don't know how it would cope - well I would imagine.)
All in all well worth my 15$

DL4EAX Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2003 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using a filemaker database on my old Macintosh "Classic" in the past. Then I bought a PC and searched for a replacement software to log my QSOs. After testing round about 15 programms, I saw VQLog and it was the fist Log Software that really fits to my needs:

- easy to use
- full compatible to Windows NT/2000
- useable for SAT/VHF
- QSO data can be used and mainpulated outside the log software, in this case MS Access, you newer know ;-)
- statistic analysis

The product is continuous updated to the userīs needs (DXCC, new Modes, enhancements) and I did not find any major bugs.

Registration can be done easily and 15$ is a fair price for all the time, Gabriel has invested.

GD0TEP Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2003 17:17 Send this review to a friend
The best logging software available  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used VQlog for the first time as EI4VWY when in EI-land on holiday/dx-pedition, i had been looking to update from Log-EQF but couldn't find what i wanted. After the 14 days in EI, and with over 1,000 qso's on 6m, with MS qso's on 4m and 2m, i was hooked. As soon as i got back to GD i'd spent my $15 for my own version of VQlog. Have used it ever since as nothing else is close to being as good.

N5OZQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2003 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I decided to make the committment to first, convert to a paperless logging system, and secondly admit that I would then be staring several years worth of contacts that also should be converted, I searched this site and elsewhere, and downloaded every program that was available for testing. VQLog had the features and 'sense' of use that worked the way that I do. This was a personal choice, and 'your mileage may vary', but I would suggest a similar approach to anyone contemplating this change.
Then, I found a quirk about the software. It was something that the author, Gabriel, had not encountered in the time that he had made the package available (this turned out to be a configuration that I commonly use in my OS that no one else apparently had come across.) The support I received was of the first quality. I cannot speak highly enough for it. Needless to say the problem was resolved.
If you like the way this one works, buy it. I'm sure you'll like it.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2002 22:43 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using this now for about 4 to 5 months. As others have said, for the $15 registration fee it's the best value in logging software. Great Support, Intuitive product, and easy to use.

W4CHL Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2002 10:28 Send this review to a friend
VQLog 2.2 is wonderful, well worth $15 !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using a number of logging programs, I have found VQLog the best for our school club, and perhaps will convince our ARES station to use as well. Many other logging programs distributed as shareware come with more severe constraints on function prior to registration than VQLog, so I consider the export constraint as reasonable.

Good support via e-mail and active eGroup (OK, YahooGroup), extensible base program if you are comfortable doing so. Hard to beat for stable core function and registration price. The coup de grace for me is the offer to allow club stations to register free !

Still working to get this to run under WINE on Linux, but for now Win32 version does us just fine !

We are just beginning to work on our own custom output queries, should be quite simple, will report results in egroups.com/group/VQLog

73 de Mark W4CHL
PS - I too am troubled that a disgruntled user can cause a drop in the evaluation average. Perhaps eHam.net could throw out high and low and average rest when there are 3 or more reviews ?

KA2LIM Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2002 20:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Logging program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using other logging programs that have been nothing but problems, VQlog is a pleasure to use. Without a doubt the BEST 15 dollars I have ever spent for ham related. Am presently entering 25 years of log data (manualy). A bit tideious, but worth the effort with this program. Track all your awards, if you chase those, data can be saved and uploaded in ADIF format to eqsl.cc. I recomment this program to anyone who prefer's a easy to use logging program.

IW1QN Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2002 20:20 Send this review to a friend
A good Log program for All band  Time owned: more than 12 months
Principaly I use VQLog V2.2 for store my Log that i make in 2m and 6m Contest.I import from FastLog V3.4 and convert for VQLog.A Very good compatibility and a lot of info about your QSOs conditions.A Beautiful system to make Qsl Info.