Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Koch Method CW Trainer for Windows Help

Reviews Summary for Koch Method CW Trainer for Windows
Koch Method CW Trainer for Windows Reviews: 24 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $freeware
Description: Description: Learn Morse code by the Koch method, which teaches reflexive responses to each Morse character. The software can also add noise and QSB to simulate a real world environment
More info: http://www.g4fon.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Koch Method CW Trainer for Windows.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2005 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Program !!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i thought i never knew that i can learn this,i've got 75% to 80% of code.like wow ! i can't belive i'm learning this program,this is the right for you? try it you will love it !

Jackie
KG4ORX

N6AJR Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2005 14:28 Send this review to a friend
only the best way to learn  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been singing the praises of Ray and his Koch method software for a couple of years.

It is the easiest way to learn the code and when you are done, you have a useful 20wpm tool, no learning at 5 wpm, the relearning at 13 or so then at 20 or so, its easier to use starting at 20.

You never "learn " the code, you just differenciate between characters, and now he has added both a program to record your input for scoring and recently a mp3 recorder, so you can take it with you.

Good Job and thanks for the best code software and still free..

Thanks Ray, tom N6AJR

G0SLZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2005 14:15 Send this review to a friend
I didn't believe CW could be this much fun!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been using this software since v4 but my studying was a bit 'hit and miss' to start with due to other commitments, but my target was to get to 25WPM. Once I'd got to 30 characters (out of 40) I was quite hooked. The whole Ludwig Koch method is possibly the only way Morse should be taught, but has only been possible with the advent of computers.

Ray, G4FON, has kept this trainer neat and simple but with a range of real-world facilities (not gimmicks) that make learning and extending your CW skill a real pleasure (try adding QSB!).
I'm now comfortable at 20WPM after 6 months concerted effort.

The ability to create WAV and MP3 files makes filling my ipod with practice files a real no-brainer! I'm even looking forward to trying out Ray's Contest trainer soon.

Go to www.g4fon.net or sign up for the KochMorse Yahoo Group where you'll find a whole host of help and supporting files to help you get to 20+ WPM with ease. With v8 (March 05) you can even take it up to 80WPM. This really IS the only effective way to learn Morse.

KG6WUF Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2005 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this program as a main part to study for the code over a period of 2 months and was able to pass the test after only 1 attempt at it.

Thanks for the making this program available!

AA3K Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2004 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Great CW trainer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I passed my 20 WPM many years ago, but G4FON's S/W is helping me to really learn the code.

Just concentrate on writing (or typing) what you hear) and not mentally thinking what was just sent and you'll find yourself getting it. Often after I'm pretty sure I've really messed up copying I go score myself and find I've gotten 95% or better.

For $0 you can't go wrong!

DL2KDB Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2004 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Just great !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Try it !

I works *****

KC8YKQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2004 00:57 Send this review to a friend
It Works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I passed my element 1 exam after using this software for less than 10 minutes per day for 3-1/2 weeks.

If you just want to increase your code speed, this free program is for you.

K0AST Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2003 02:15 Send this review to a friend
Best online teacher!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had to add to the reviews here when I only saw 6 of them so far. This program is fantastic! I started by trying to memorize dots/dashes, then found this. It really helped. Coupled with the little MFJ-418, i passed the 5wpm w/ease. Had I more time on the PC, I would have not even bought the 418. If you need to learn, lean well, and learn on a budget, this is the PC program for you!

Dan

KE4MOB Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2003 15:26 Send this review to a friend
Waaaay Cool!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ok, I'll say it...I'm no code slinger, but I highly recommend this program. The interface is superb, and the QSB and signal level simulations are dead on, almost to the point of making you believe it's an actual recording of random CW sent on HF. It requires little or no user input other than starting the simulation, meaning I can minimize it and have it run in the background while I do my other work.

As for its effectiveness, I can say it honestly works. I started out in 1994 by learning the dot-dash method, hit the 10 WPM plateau and stressed for four months before I passed my 20. As a result, I didn't like CW. I fired this program up last year and within a week had half the alphabet down 100 percent at 20 WPM.

And it beats the heck out of dot-dash!!

AB9DZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2003 16:18 Send this review to a friend
A1  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wonderful program! Simple to use, gets your speed up quickly, creates wav files so you can record on CDs to study away from the computer. And the price is right.