Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Carolina Cyclone Screwdriver antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Carolina Cyclone Screwdriver antenna
Carolina Cyclone Screwdriver antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$240-$350
Description: Classic design screwdriver HF antenna for 80-10 meters
More info: http://www.qsl.net/k4kwh/

You can write your own review of the Carolina Cyclone Screwdriver antenna.

W4INF Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2007 01:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, Jerry is the best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I run this antenna in a fixed install atop a chain link fence for a counterpoise. The antenna has exceeded my expectations, and Jerry's support is the best I have ever seen.

A short blurb on my website can be seen at:

Worse SWR is 1.7:1, typical is 1.5:1, some bands are "flat" at around 1.2-1.2:1.

I made DX contacts today with Europe stations with a distance of 3,750 miles. I would say it does radiate!

Antenna appears to work equally well for local contacts, Florida and Tennessee stations gave good RST, picked up a few new states this weekend using it.

Previously I ran a doublet and an MFJ-994B tuner. The tuner had some "quirks" that I didnt care for, sold it for a big loss and used the money to by the Carolina Cyclone! Now, no more TUNERS and I can run QRO up to 800w! At the time of this writing I have a Dentron GLA-1000B amp I will be using with it.

Been running an Icom-718 100w both SSB and CW, love just simply love this antenna!!

Thanks Jerry for a fine antenna, and all your support!
W4INF

K8OMP Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2002 19:21 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THIS ANTENNA IS JUST GREAT AND THE BUILDER FEELS LIKE YOUR FRIEND AFTER A WHILE. HE WILL BE THERE ALL THE WAY FROM ORDER TO INSTALL THEN TO YOUR 1ST CONTACT AND AFTER. I PERSONALLY GIVE THIS ANTENNA AND BUILDER A BIG 5 STAR.I GOT A FLAT MATCH ON 28.500 AND ALL THE WAY TO 75 METERS . I ALSO MADE MY 1ST CONTACT RIGHT AWAY ON 12 METERS.THANKS JERRY HAPPY HAMMING.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2002 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Product, Great support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a Outbacker Perth with a Carolina Cyclone from Jerry Oxendine. Due to some damage done by the shipping company I was unable to make the antenna work off the bat. Jerry very quickly sent me replacement parts as well as a very informative paper on installing HF Mobile antennas. Jerry does not use the standard Toroid matching transformer but instead uses a inductive coil that allows for higher output power levels. It thats a little more work to set up the inductor but once it is done right it works very well! Jerry takes a personal interest in every antenna he sells and is willing to help in any way up to refunding money with no questions asked.
I have to say thanks Jerry!! I have been checking into MIDCARS in the mornings on the way to work.
A nice product for the money. Check the website and drop Jerry a line with any questions. I know he will help!

Dan