Reviews Categories | ATV equipment | Videolynx Z70A , 4 Channel Video-Audio 70cm mini ATV Transmitte Help

Reviews Summary for Videolynx Z70A , 4 Channel Video-Audio 70cm mini ATV Transmitte
Videolynx Z70A ,  4 Channel Video-Audio 70cm mini ATV Transmitte Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: The Z70A is a mini 70cm PLL controlled ATV transmitter with audio. The Z70A provides 4 ATV frequencies. Cable channels 58, 59 and 60. Output power is 100mW and runs on 9V,250mA. Built in video-audio test signal generator. Perfect for RC, mobile-cam and point-to-point videolinks etc. Up to 16 frequencies possible on custom order units (only within the allocated ATV band). RCA connectors for video and audio. BNC antenna connector and dip switch frequency select. The Z70A weighs only 3.5 ozs. (1.5"X.75"X3.5")
More info: http://www.transmitvideo.com

You can write your own review of the Videolynx Z70A , 4 Channel Video-Audio 70cm mini ATV Transmitte.

WA5RR Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Small Package...Big Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This ATV transmitter is light and easy to use. It's given me trouble free operation as the 'eyes and ears' of my remote control vehicle.

AA3DN Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2007 20:47 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly Good Video  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this little video transmitter for my son to add vision and hearing to his Parallax "Boebot". Preliminary testing shows we get a high quality color picture about 800 feet from the house, going through 500 feet of woods. TX antenna was a simple ground plane 2' above ground level, RX antenna a modest UHF/VHF Radio Shack TV antenna on a 50' tower. Receiver was just a cable ready TV. This thing works so well that I am planning to buy a 2nd unit for remote monitoring of our boats at the shore of Kerr Lake (NC). A bonus is that the transmitter is made in the US, by a ham who seems to enjoy designing and building a good product, and who was ready on the phone to provide customer service when I called to ask about delivery. The only other experience I've had with an ATV transmitter was with a cheap kit that was not even close in performance.

WB5SYS Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2005 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Good Deal  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the MFJ-8708 version of the Videolynx Z70A. Same thing, same price, different label. Works Great, very good picture quality. It runs a little warm (260 mA), so I had to install a small fan when I put it in an enclosure. I use a Radio Shack 12V-9V cig-lighter type power supply. I like the microphone input, but had to tweak the pot up a bit. No noticeable audio hum. I accidentally ran it for a few minutes without an antenna, no damage. The unit is potted, so it's not serviceable. Good documentation but could be better. Be sure to use the best antenna you can find for this application, or park right next to a repeater. Good ATV Xmtr, gets a 5.