Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | A.M.A.C., inc SC-1B Help

Reviews Summary for A.M.A.C., inc SC-1B
A.M.A.C., inc SC-1B Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $249.00
Description: automatically changes rig freq. & tunes screwdriver type antennas
More info: http://www.amac-controllers.com

You can write your own review of the A.M.A.C., inc SC-1B.

KB7TEF Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2004 17:52 Send this review to a friend
The best auto tuner out there  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am using two of these - one with a Kenwood TS-2000 and another with an Icom 706MKIIG. Do yourself a favor and get one! Touch one button and change the antenna to resonant frequency. I have tried others, and this is by far the easiest. And, Bill is great for support. In fact, he had updated the firmware and included 60m. Mine didn't have it, but he upgraded it for free. Stellar!!!
Steve

AE4YS Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2002 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bill is a great guy and this product makes by outstanding Tarheel antenna even more so. Bill was kind enough to walk me through the process and explain to me what turns out to be a safe and simple solution to great HF Mobile. I will also in the future use these as a base rig. I don't say this just because I'm a fellow Carolinaian either. Keep up the great work, Bill.

AG5Y Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2002 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Great product with super product support!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned the AMAC controller now about 3 months and I am impressed with its operation every day I get to use it! Not only is this a super idea and well built, Bill is one of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with. His product support is second to none!! He has been very helpful and has helped me even after many dumb mistakes on my part. Buy one.....you won't regret it.

K4EN Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2002 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The AMAC controller is the third accessory I've had for tuning my screwdriver antenna. The first was the simple switch supplied with the antenna and the second a SWR minimizing controller that seemed to loose it's direction and often searched in the wrong direction which led to timeouts.

The AMAC controller has evolved quite a bit since my purchase about 6 months ago. Bill has been updating the hardware and software. It is now a solid performer, giving me good tuning from 80 to 10 meters. 80 meters is tricky due to narrow bandwidth of screwdrivers, but the AMAC has consistently put my antenna in the right spot. Only occasionally do I have to fine tune and never more than one 'bump' of the antenna by pressing a single key on the keypad.

My usage is as follows: I have many HF freqs programmed into memories in my 706 MKII. I dial up the memory location and press "A" on the AMAC controller. The AMAC gets the frequency from the rig and moves the antenna to the right location. That's it. Very simple, which is what is needed for a mobile installation.

K4FGG Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2002 05:50 Send this review to a friend
great mobile product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The LCD screen & keypad make this product very useful to a mobile operator. Simply key a freq. & press ACCEPT twice to change freq. & retune the antenna. No more watching for marks on the antenna shaft or caar window. No more stopping to retune. I have been using this for several months now. Highly recommend this. Available for many rigs and any screwdriver antenna.