Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 250 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

KC2TYS Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2017 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Quality Build  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kerry builds a superior product at a very fair price range.
The true talk g5rv is superior to my previous antenna which failed at the ladder line connection after 9 years.
I am confident the true talk unit will last longer and at a price delta of $15.00 more is a real bargain.
Additionally Kerry is very responsive to answering guestions., a real gentleman.
Quality build, excellent service and great value also!
You cannot go wrong.

AF8GD Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2017 11:57 Send this review to a friend
This antenna is worth every penny.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received a confirmation email shortly after placing my order. WA2NAN was easy to work with. The antenna arrived as promised and it is very well made and should last a long time. I bought it on the recommendation of a friend and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Thank you for a great product.

K6EJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2017 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Delighted I found Kerry's True-Talk G5RV Jr.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The 5/5 reviews here are well-deserved. I am so glad I found Kerry and True-Talk's G5RV Jr. The build on the antenna is outstanding, so solid. Craftsmanship and quality parts are obvious. Instructions are clear. I emailed Kerry several times throughout the installation and he was readily available and answered all my questions. No attitude from Kerry at all. I am on a small lot so I chose the Jr version, and it fits perfectly. I have it installed in an inverted-V, with the center at the chimney of a two-story house on a fiberglass pole, maybe 30' up.

I definitely needed, as you would expect, an external antenna tuner. I'm using an MFJ-941E tuner, and I'm able to tune the antenna easily. I'm using an Icom IC-7300 transceiver.

I am delighted with its performance. I'm returning to ham radio after an absence of 28 years. I've been running the JT65 digital mode on 20 meters and have worked Finland, Russia, Japan, Germany and all over the USA.

Thank you, Kerry, for all of your support for this great antenna!

VE4RI Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2017 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Worth every dollar!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Worked into Europe and Central America on a 100 watts on the G5RV jr.(Central America was worked off the end). I set it up as an inverted V with the apex at ~34 feet. Very well designed and constructed. I need to replace the centre support pole as the 16 ft 2x4's were a tad swingy for the xyl's liking though. So the antenna apex is currently at ~26 feet. Still "hears" weak signals though.

KC6KNL Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2017 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna. Built like a tank  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna on eBay from another Ham that bought from WA2NAN. This antenna was never installed.

When I received it, it did not disappoint. I put it 60 feet up in the trees in an inverted V. I can work a lot of stations that I can hear.

Some squirrels chewed up the 75' of RG-8x. Luckily, there was over 25' of coax left, so I wound it on a 4" PVC and made an ugly Balun Choke. I raised the antenna back in the trees, which put the Balun about 30 feet in the air.

The parachute cord broke and the antenna came down 30 feet sitting on a lower branch. This put the Balun about 2 feet above ground. The 34' of ladder line is directly above the Balun.

I still can talk to any station that I can hear.

This antenna, when compared to other Dipoles at your local ham store, is higher in quality and beefiness. You can't make an antenna of this quality if you built it yourself.

Kerry uses some custom parts, which make this antenna stand out.

Highly recommend.

KC3TV Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2017 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Dipole!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my second True Talk 102 footer (First was accidentally destroyed when a new roof was put up!). As with prior antenna, this one was easy to put up, is very solid, and has worked great! I'm getting good reports, have no trouble tuning it on multiple bands, and am very happy with it. Ordering process was easy, and Kerry sent it out quickly. Highly Recommended

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2017 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replace a 102' G5RV that worked very well for the last 2+ years, the True Talk 204' G5RV works real good at this QTH after I tuned it an installed it correctly, on this small lot, thats what took the time, but well worth it, by the results I am getting, not an easy job for a 77 year old HAM but FUN just the same.. The antenna is less than 2 to 1 SWR on 10-160m where I do my talking an a lot lower on other parts of the band where I listen. The True Talk 204' is a very good G5RV if your short on space, its works well, has a good signal to noise ratio, an a GREAT value............73s..............kb6hrt

K1VC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2017 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Super Double 204' G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased my third Super Double 204' G5RV from Kerry this week. Ordered it on Tuesday, received it Friday, installed it Saturday. Amazing ! This Super Double 204' G5RV replaced an aging Super Double 204' G5RV that's been up for over a decade and has served my well. The weather here in New England can be harsh and I'm amazed how long the original Super Double 204' G5RV lasted. The choice to purchase another Super Double 204' G5RV was obvious for me and an easy decision as well. Communication with Kerry was great and he told me when my antenna shipped and sent me the tracking numbers. One note, the new Super Double 204' G5RV is heavier duty than my old version so I think this one will stay up longer. The antenna is up in a flat top or 'T' configuration with the ends up around 60'.

Thanks Kerry for a great antenna !

KG2CU Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2017 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product & Fast Shipping  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna is of excellent quality and shipping was remarkably fast from CA to NY. I've been using G5RVs for 20+ years and this is the best quality, yet.

N5AMR Rating: 4/5 Jan 11, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
G5RV Jr. in Attic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I know, poor housing choice due to HOA restrictions, but the XYL had "great" input. So I tried a number of homebrew wires in the attic, with varying degrees of success. I considered homebrewing the G5RV and thought what the heck, I believe I will let someone else do it. The WA2NAN True Talk has been a nice performer for the most part. Covers all of 40, 20 and 17 meters a very small segment of 75 and 15. Have worked a little local 10 meters as well. The high quality of materials and workmanship are noticeable. I'm on more bands and with relatively good reports, particularly in light of running barefoot and in the attic.