Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 234 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

KC9WWM Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second antenna from WA2NAN and I wasn't let down at all. I had enough room to put the 204 foot flat top in and hung it at 65 feet today and put a analyzer on it and no tuner was necessary on 80 meter's 17 meter's 12 meter's and my Nye viking mb-5-a had no problem tuning everything else to 1.5 or better. I wouldn't have had to buy this antenna but I had some tree's come down with the g5rv in it and it was pinned under a 80 foot hickory it wasn't hurt until the clean up crew cut with a chain saw. Thanks again for a Great Wire at the right Price.

KD2DXJ Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2016 01:53 Send this review to a friend
Great quality antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the 102' for 20 meters and the 204' for the other bands. I use trees as supports on both ends with no middle support.Both Have survived two North Country winters with high winds and freezing rain.
I have worked 121 different countries so far.
Kerry, thanks for a great product.
Bill KD2DXJ

KD2BMU Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome workmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I previously own a W8AMZ G5RV Jr, while it did work well, I had issues with stations along the East coast. I had it running N/S.

I had heard local reviews about WA2NAN's True-Talk G5RV and have read several here. I decided to purchase the 102' G5RV and it's running NE/SW and had great audio reports from South Carolina of 57.

Thanks for the great product, Kerry

73 de WX2CIB

KD5PMU Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good quality antenna lower noise than a bare wire antenna good signal reports S9 + fast shipment and packed very professionally.

AA0CW Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Quality product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The quality of materials and craftsmanship is outstanding. I am very happy.

KD2JVX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Great center fed dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well crafted. Put it up only 17'. Made DX contacts, barefoot,in Europe. Low SWR. Very happy. The MFJ-939i tunes the ic-7300 to it no problem.

AE2S Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 10:53 Send this review to a friend
A Really Great Antenna!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using different flavors of Kerry's antennas for a while now and they are the best. Well made, shipped quickly and best of all, very reliable!! These antennas have survived both Hurricane Irene and Hurricane Sandy and kept on going!! The only reason I had to replace them was a major (and I mean really big) branch took them out last winter. I bought 2 more from Kerry and had them in a couple of days. One runs east to west and the other north to south. I've talked around the world on these G5RV's.... best money spent!!

Try one (or two), you won't regret it!!

Steve - AE2S

W6FCS Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2016 17:53 Send this review to a friend
What more can be said?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its a great, Antenna. Its quality made and will last for years, even next to salt water where I live. I've owned several for various lengths/freq. You will not be disappointed.

KA4PNE Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2016 05:20 Send this review to a friend
True Talk 1 ... Amazing!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a Licensed Amateur Radio Operator since November 1982; almost 34 years and have tried just about every dipole you can imagine; insulated, open-wire, steel clad, copper covered, company manufactured retail or home built. Albeit, I've had this "TRUE TALK 1" for almost three (3) years now, up on a 40' telescoping galvanized mast as an Inverted "V" with the legs running due East/West. The legs only 36" off the ground. This is one carefully designed and amazing rock-solid built antenna. With my "Icom" 706MKIIG All Mode Transceiver @ usually less than 100 Watts; mostly QRP, and my "Icom" AT-180 Automatic Antenna Tuner with a perfect SWR, I've gotten through the most difficult pile ups from those high-powered rigs. I still can't believe - I got through a massive pile up in the Pacific. My best QSO yet - with this antenna - was logged 02 June 2015, 14.265.10 MHz, USB, @ 06:23 UTC, third call attempt to FO/F5SNY, French Polynesia - Raiatea Island. Acknowledged with 59/59 RST both ways through a massive PILE UP. The best part? I was QRP at only 4.5 Watts from Central Florida!!! (Propagation must have been excellent. And, I usually tune slightly off frequency when I call). I've logged similar QSO's with this rugged antenna. And, lately I've been operating either QRP or no more than 25 Watts. The quality of the 'TRUE TALK 1" is beyond description. It's built with the best materials available. No short cuts here. It may cost slightly more, but it's worth the investment. Thanks WA2NAN. If you haven't tried this antenna, trust me, it's absolutely the BEST! I don't need to purchase another one. The one I have is in great condition; no deterioration whatsoever. And, I'm in the FLORIDA harsh elements. Note: Remember to keep the ladder line angled AWAY from any metal vertical support; tower or telescoping mast! 73 KA4PNE

KB2NBY Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2015 05:36 Send this review to a friend
WA2NAN true talk G5RV Jr. some fine antenna!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Put WA2NAN G5RV Jr. antenna up a few days before a storm with 45 mph winds, trees broke but the antenna held up well. Will be buying the senior to get on the lower bands next. Been making my own antennas for decades, and is standing up just as well as the home built ones i make with 10 Gage wire.