Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 243 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

KB1TPX Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2016 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Quite satisfied!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hoisted my new True-Talk G5RV antenna up today, approx 38" center, in an inverted "V"configuration, to approx 8' each end. SE to SW direction. Went in the house, hooked it up to my tuner and into my TenTec 544. I was able to achieve a 1/1 ratio at 100W output on 20 Meters, 14.329. My first OSO was Island Co. WA (2,494 mi) from here in Rhode Island. Signal was strong both ways 5/9 & 5/9. I'm very impressed with the quality construction and design. Works fine for me!

N2RFY Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my station up and running again after about 8 years being off line. After renting for many years, I recently purchased a home and had the opportunity to put my antennas up again. I had formerly used a full length G5RV with my old station, but do not have the space here at the new place, so I opted for a G5RV Jr. I came across Kerry's antenna and went ahead and ordered it. Delivery was quick and the construction is very solid. I like the sky blue wire he used. Kerry was extremely helpful and offered great individual service. I haven't had a chance to put many miles on it yet but I have gotten great signal reports thus far. Tunes up great with my LDG Z100 on my Yaesu FT 840. Plus Kerry includes the coax. Highly recommended.

W4MCH Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2016 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Very well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality construction, very fast to ship. This will be a great addition to my small but growing station. Love the shy blue top hat wires, it will blend in nicely.

KB4YHO Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Best G5RV and great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three of Kerry's G5RV's. Two are still in operation and have survived severe weather conditions. One is installed between two pine trees around 50 feet at my beach house for over a year. This one is about 2 miles from the shore. It shows no degradation in performance or overall physical intergrity. I did buy another as a spare but haven't needed it yet. These antenna's tune up and stay up if mounted properly. Kerry's service is second to none and he keeps you informed every step of the way. I realize some fellow amateurs have differing opinions on the G5RV but it's priced right and built like a tank.
Thanks Kerry for consistantly providing the HAM community with a quality product and service.

K3JB Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2016 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Anrenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second G5RV from Kerry. My original one has been up at my QTH for about six years with my K3. I have tried a number of different antenna's for Field Day using my Icom-7000.
This year I purchased a second from Kerry and it did a great job. I shared my station with another operator, he stated " if he could hear the station he could talk to the station". I had it set up as a sloper, from the top of a flag pole to the propeller shaft of a DC-3. This will be my set up for all future Field Days. Thank you Kerry for a great product. 73, Rich

K5DYL Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2016 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Robust Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this antenna because of all the great reviews I have read on here, and what they say about it is spot on. First the communication from Kerry is above average; he kept me in the loop the whole way. Shipping speed was also outstanding; I had in within 11 calendar days from ordering it and receiving it. The construction is impressive, meticulous attention to detail and quality materials make it head and shoulders above any wire antenna I ever owned. I did a noise level test because I had read so may reviews that said the noise level dropped, so I wanted to be able to compare. I took a video of the level on 40 mts with my MFJ G5RV, and then took that one down and installed the True-Talk, it took 50 minutes and that included taking out my big ladder and all the other tasks involved. When I turned on my TS-2000 and tuned it, Palstar AT1KM, I thought I had left the preamp off, but no, it was still on and I had lost 2 s units in noise. Checked into a net on 40 and received a good report. I will revisit when I can contact some distant stations, but as of now I love this thing. Thanks Kerry, great craftsmanship.

WW2V Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2016 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Works like a champ! Built like a tank!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my first True-Talk 102í G5RV over a decade ago and it has performed well for me over the years in spite of all the foul winter weather it has had to endure here in central New York State. I have participated in numerous contests, worked rare DX and earned quite a few awards (including a WAC, WAS and DXCC) with this antenna and a stock HF rig. It works remarkably well and itís built like a tank. Unfortunately, mine was recently hit by lightning and couldnít be salvaged. If not for the wrath of Mother Nature, it would have easily given me another decade of service. So, without hesitation, I ordered a new one to replace it. Regardless of which length you choose, The True-Talk is a well built antenna and it wonít disappoint you!

NW3K Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2016 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Quality construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I expected this product to be good from all the reviews. It met my expectation. Arrived in good time. I installed the antenna flat top, broad side east West, at 25ft above the ground. Excess ladder line is parallel to ground suspended 2ft above. This isn't an ideal height for the antenna, but it's as high as I can suspend it. I immediately worked Lithuania on 20m, stateside 20m, and Isle of Mann on 17m using 75 watts. The performance is excellent.

KD1X Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2016 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this from Kerry last Monday, and received it this Monday. Customer service was fantastic. The antenna is built like a brick excrementhouse, sturdy fasteners and excellently assembled. It's a wire antenna. you can't go wrong, especially since it comes with 70ft. of coax. I'd definitely buy again.

KC9WWM Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second antenna from WA2NAN and I wasn't let down at all. I had enough room to put the 204 foot flat top in and hung it at 65 feet today and put a analyzer on it and no tuner was necessary on 80 meter's 17 meter's 12 meter's and my Nye viking mb-5-a had no problem tuning everything else to 1.5 or better. I wouldn't have had to buy this antenna but I had some tree's come down with the g5rv in it and it was pinned under a 80 foot hickory it wasn't hurt until the clean up crew cut with a chain saw. Thanks again for a Great Wire at the right Price.