Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 253 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

K1VC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2017 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Super Double 204' G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased my third Super Double 204' G5RV from Kerry this week. Ordered it on Tuesday, received it Friday, installed it Saturday. Amazing ! This Super Double 204' G5RV replaced an aging Super Double 204' G5RV that's been up for over a decade and has served my well. The weather here in New England can be harsh and I'm amazed how long the original Super Double 204' G5RV lasted. The choice to purchase another Super Double 204' G5RV was obvious for me and an easy decision as well. Communication with Kerry was great and he told me when my antenna shipped and sent me the tracking numbers. One note, the new Super Double 204' G5RV is heavier duty than my old version so I think this one will stay up longer. The antenna is up in a flat top or 'T' configuration with the ends up around 60'.

Thanks Kerry for a great antenna !

KG2CU Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2017 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product & Fast Shipping  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna is of excellent quality and shipping was remarkably fast from CA to NY. I've been using G5RVs for 20+ years and this is the best quality, yet.

N5AMR Rating: 4/5 Jan 11, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
G5RV Jr. in Attic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I know, poor housing choice due to HOA restrictions, but the XYL had "great" input. So I tried a number of homebrew wires in the attic, with varying degrees of success. I considered homebrewing the G5RV and thought what the heck, I believe I will let someone else do it. The WA2NAN True Talk has been a nice performer for the most part. Covers all of 40, 20 and 17 meters a very small segment of 75 and 15. Have worked a little local 10 meters as well. The high quality of materials and workmanship are noticeable. I'm on more bands and with relatively good reports, particularly in light of running barefoot and in the attic.

WE4P Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2017 11:36 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT G5RV jr  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast response and shipping. The build quality of my 40m-6m is superior to other antennas that I have purchased. Installed as flat top and receive is quiet. SWR on 10m is 1.5:1 but as advertised, a tuner is needed on other bands. I highly recommend Kerry's antennas

KD2BQM Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2017 08:02 Send this review to a friend
What a huge difference  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Living in rural Brooklyn, NY doesn't allow for much room to put up any "real" antenna system. Due to space constraints, I've been using a compromise vertical for all of my HF QSO's. It did the job, but the noise was so bad that many times I would simply give up since everyone sounded like they were half burried in the noise. I just launched WA2NAN's 102' G5RV into a 45 foot tree in my back yard in an inverted V formation, and.....HOLY COW! ... What a huge difference. I'm getting great signal reports with it, and for the first time, I can hear everybody else as if they were sitting in the shack with me... Thanks for making such a solid antenna... I'm thrilled with the results thus far!

KP4XI Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 07:52 Send this review to a friend
My G5RVjr  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just receive my G5RVjr I'm really impressed with the construction of the antenna and craftsmanship is outstanding. I was able to install the antenna in less than two hours. The first good things I notice was, less noisy than my R7 and my automatic antenna turner was able to tune from 10M to 160M very easy. Signal are clear and stronger in my G5RVjr than my R7. I work Canada and Germany on 40M PSK31 and station from South Africa were booming. the WA2NAM G5RV antenna, out performance my old Cushcraft R7 vertical in any band I tested. The service and the communication from Kerry is excellent. Instruction to install the antenna were clear.
I'm really happy with the G5RVjr.

73 and good DX from KP4XI

KK6DOA Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2016 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Works like a champ!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the G5RV junior and it works great, i now hear all kinds of traffic i never heard before.......Thanks Kerry.

KC3LZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 08:37 Send this review to a friend
SUPER DOUBLE G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna works better than my dipole, all my loops and even my old G5RV that I got from Kerry. This antenna is 206' long, works on all the HF bands and I call it my magic SUPER DOUBLE G5RV. Ask Kerry about his NEW DOUBLE ZEPP antenna. I like this NEW antenna, called the SUPER DOUBLE G5RV from TRUE-TALK and know you will too. TRUE TALK makes the BEST..........Thanks Kerry
Don KC3LZ

N1SER Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2016 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Very well made and works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Jr model of this antenna and it has made a huge difference in the contacts I've made both US and DX. First the construction is top notch and as a matter of fact it withstood the winds of hurricane Matthew we had here in FL so it's super tough. As for performance it's been the best HF antenna I've had so far. I live in a restricted HOA and I've placed the center in a tree so it hides well too. Also, any questions from the maker are answered quickly. Highly recommended antenna!

WA1KPD Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Construction  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a ham for over 40 years I never thought I would be purchasing wire antennas. However, this is the second of these antennas I have purchased. The first one is located deep in the woods behind my house and I have just added this one as a second one close to the house.
Both are beautifully and strongly constructed and arrive in a very neat package. The price antenna is slightly more than the cost of the component parts, making it an easy choice.
Delivery on both was fast and communication was excellent.