Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 230 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

AA0CW Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Quality product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The quality of materials and craftsmanship is outstanding. I am very happy.

KD2JVX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Great center fed dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well crafted. Put it up only 17'. Made DX contacts, barefoot,in Europe. Low SWR. Very happy. The MFJ-939i tunes the ic-7300 to it no problem.

AE2S Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 10:53 Send this review to a friend
A Really Great Antenna!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using different flavors of Kerry's antennas for a while now and they are the best. Well made, shipped quickly and best of all, very reliable!! These antennas have survived both Hurricane Irene and Hurricane Sandy and kept on going!! The only reason I had to replace them was a major (and I mean really big) branch took them out last winter. I bought 2 more from Kerry and had them in a couple of days. One runs east to west and the other north to south. I've talked around the world on these G5RV's.... best money spent!!

Try one (or two), you won't regret it!!

Steve - AE2S

W6FCS Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2016 17:53 Send this review to a friend
What more can be said?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its a great, Antenna. Its quality made and will last for years, even next to salt water where I live. I've owned several for various lengths/freq. You will not be disappointed.

KA4PNE Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2016 05:20 Send this review to a friend
True Talk 1 ... Amazing!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a Licensed Amateur Radio Operator since November 1982; almost 34 years and have tried just about every dipole you can imagine; insulated, open-wire, steel clad, copper covered, company manufactured retail or home built. Albeit, I've had this "TRUE TALK 1" for almost three (3) years now, up on a 40' telescoping galvanized mast as an Inverted "V" with the legs running due East/West. The legs only 36" off the ground. This is one carefully designed and amazing rock-solid built antenna. With my "Icom" 706MKIIG All Mode Transceiver @ usually less than 100 Watts; mostly QRP, and my "Icom" AT-180 Automatic Antenna Tuner with a perfect SWR, I've gotten through the most difficult pile ups from those high-powered rigs. I still can't believe - I got through a massive pile up in the Pacific. My best QSO yet - with this antenna - was logged 02 June 2015, 14.265.10 MHz, USB, @ 06:23 UTC, third call attempt to FO/F5SNY, French Polynesia - Raiatea Island. Acknowledged with 59/59 RST both ways through a massive PILE UP. The best part? I was QRP at only 4.5 Watts from Central Florida!!! (Propagation must have been excellent. And, I usually tune slightly off frequency when I call). I've logged similar QSO's with this rugged antenna. And, lately I've been operating either QRP or no more than 25 Watts. The quality of the 'TRUE TALK 1" is beyond description. It's built with the best materials available. No short cuts here. It may cost slightly more, but it's worth the investment. Thanks WA2NAN. If you haven't tried this antenna, trust me, it's absolutely the BEST! I don't need to purchase another one. The one I have is in great condition; no deterioration whatsoever. And, I'm in the FLORIDA harsh elements. Note: Remember to keep the ladder line angled AWAY from any metal vertical support; tower or telescoping mast! 73 KA4PNE

KB2NBY Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2015 05:36 Send this review to a friend
WA2NAN true talk G5RV Jr. some fine antenna!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Put WA2NAN G5RV Jr. antenna up a few days before a storm with 45 mph winds, trees broke but the antenna held up well. Will be buying the senior to get on the lower bands next. Been making my own antennas for decades, and is standing up just as well as the home built ones i make with 10 Gage wire.

VK2HSV Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2015 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Sheer Awesomeness  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchase two of Kerry's G5RV Antenna's

1 102' G5RV
1 G5RV JR

I put up the G5RV Jr this morning.

The antenna's are made beautifully & is an absolute gem to put up.

Thus far made 6 Contacts & all contacts recorded great audio & signal strength.

I would highly recommend any of Kerry's G5RV antenna as they do the job as good if not better than what he says.

W8NVC Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2015 00:08 Send this review to a friend
Update after 5 months  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well guys, This is my update on the True-Talk 102 FT G5RV. It's been 5 months since I bought it from Kerry. Well I gotta tell you. This Antenna has done the following. It has reduced my noise level by 30%. It has stayed up in 50 plus MPH wind.
It handles my full legal limit Commander.
And the biggie, I worked Japan. I never was able to even come close, Japan on 100 watts.
This Antenna was my solution for a small city lot.
52 Ft a leg, and my lot comes up short by 15 Ft in the front. That didn't stop my performance.
So guys with little space, Even if you come up short, just let the rest hang. I swear, I will be using this antenna for a long time. The 102 G5RV even tunes 10 and works great on 10 meters and 160, now I gotta tell you, It's not long enough for 160 to due it justice however,
I was able to talk to my buddy's in Michigan and Indiana no problem on 100 watts.
So, if you need an efficient antenna but have very little space, this is the one you want. Don't settle for the cheepo G5RVs This is the one you want. It's so well built. When you get it and unpack it you'll say Wow, what craftsmanship. No shortcuts.
It's so strong and it's blue like the sky so it don't stick out like a sore thumb. I give W2NAN 5 stars.
I'm working the world. Thank you True-Talk for getting me ON THE AIR without issues. A true Antenna that works great.
73 From Nick W8NVC in Ohio.

KG6MXV Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2015 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought the G5RV to fit on my roof between antenna mast and chimney - just over 55 feet at my house. Once purchased it was shipped promptly and arrived on time. Looks very well constructed. I've tried my own dipoles before and am not ashamed to admit how much better this is made. The price was more than reasonable and I'm using it on 20 and 40 meters without a tuner. Nice.

KE0DYO Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Noobie Review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna came quickly. It appears to be very well built. It is replacing a doublet dipole that was given to me, and was working, but I wasn't sure how well. The antenna is currently in an inverted V with the apex about 20 feet up and the ends down at about 7 feet. In a month I will rent a bucket lift to do several chores around my house, and get this hung properly in my trees about 40 feet high at the apes and around 30 feet on the ends. Hoping that improves it more. I believe it works better than the doublet I had up; it's certainly easier to tune with. The MFJ 969 tuner inductor numbers are pretty much where the MJF instructions say they should be. The other antenna was quite a bit off on that. I would definitely buy this again. I sent an email to the maker of this G5RV, and he answered all my questions promptly. And, made in the USA!