Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 248 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

KP4XI Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 07:52 Send this review to a friend
My G5RVjr  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just receive my G5RVjr I'm really impressed with the construction of the antenna and craftsmanship is outstanding. I was able to install the antenna in less than two hours. The first good things I notice was, less noisy than my R7 and my automatic antenna turner was able to tune from 10M to 160M very easy. Signal are clear and stronger in my G5RVjr than my R7. I work Canada and Germany on 40M PSK31 and station from South Africa were booming. the WA2NAM G5RV antenna, out performance my old Cushcraft R7 vertical in any band I tested. The service and the communication from Kerry is excellent. Instruction to install the antenna were clear.
I'm really happy with the G5RVjr.

73 and good DX from KP4XI

KK6DOA Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2016 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Works like a champ!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the G5RV junior and it works great, i now hear all kinds of traffic i never heard before.......Thanks Kerry.

KC3LZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 08:37 Send this review to a friend
SUPER DOUBLE G5RV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna works better than my dipole, all my loops and even my old G5RV that I got from Kerry. This antenna is 206' long, works on all the HF bands and I call it my magic SUPER DOUBLE G5RV. Ask Kerry about his NEW DOUBLE ZEPP antenna. I like this NEW antenna, called the SUPER DOUBLE G5RV from TRUE-TALK and know you will too. TRUE TALK makes the BEST..........Thanks Kerry
Don KC3LZ

N1SER Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2016 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Very well made and works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Jr model of this antenna and it has made a huge difference in the contacts I've made both US and DX. First the construction is top notch and as a matter of fact it withstood the winds of hurricane Matthew we had here in FL so it's super tough. As for performance it's been the best HF antenna I've had so far. I live in a restricted HOA and I've placed the center in a tree so it hides well too. Also, any questions from the maker are answered quickly. Highly recommended antenna!

WA1KPD Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Construction  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a ham for over 40 years I never thought I would be purchasing wire antennas. However, this is the second of these antennas I have purchased. The first one is located deep in the woods behind my house and I have just added this one as a second one close to the house.
Both are beautifully and strongly constructed and arrive in a very neat package. The price antenna is slightly more than the cost of the component parts, making it an easy choice.
Delivery on both was fast and communication was excellent.

KB1TPX Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2016 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Quite satisfied!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hoisted my new True-Talk G5RV antenna up today, approx 38" center, in an inverted "V"configuration, to approx 8' each end. SE to SW direction. Went in the house, hooked it up to my tuner and into my TenTec 544. I was able to achieve a 1/1 ratio at 100W output on 20 Meters, 14.329. My first OSO was Island Co. WA (2,494 mi) from here in Rhode Island. Signal was strong both ways 5/9 & 5/9. I'm very impressed with the quality construction and design. Works fine for me!

N2RFY Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my station up and running again after about 8 years being off line. After renting for many years, I recently purchased a home and had the opportunity to put my antennas up again. I had formerly used a full length G5RV with my old station, but do not have the space here at the new place, so I opted for a G5RV Jr. I came across Kerry's antenna and went ahead and ordered it. Delivery was quick and the construction is very solid. I like the sky blue wire he used. Kerry was extremely helpful and offered great individual service. I haven't had a chance to put many miles on it yet but I have gotten great signal reports thus far. Tunes up great with my LDG Z100 on my Yaesu FT 840. Plus Kerry includes the coax. Highly recommended.

W4MCH Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2016 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Very well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality construction, very fast to ship. This will be a great addition to my small but growing station. Love the shy blue top hat wires, it will blend in nicely.

KB4YHO Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Best G5RV and great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three of Kerry's G5RV's. Two are still in operation and have survived severe weather conditions. One is installed between two pine trees around 50 feet at my beach house for over a year. This one is about 2 miles from the shore. It shows no degradation in performance or overall physical intergrity. I did buy another as a spare but haven't needed it yet. These antenna's tune up and stay up if mounted properly. Kerry's service is second to none and he keeps you informed every step of the way. I realize some fellow amateurs have differing opinions on the G5RV but it's priced right and built like a tank.
Thanks Kerry for consistantly providing the HAM community with a quality product and service.

K3JB Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2016 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Anrenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second G5RV from Kerry. My original one has been up at my QTH for about six years with my K3. I have tried a number of different antenna's for Field Day using my Icom-7000.
This year I purchased a second from Kerry and it did a great job. I shared my station with another operator, he stated " if he could hear the station he could talk to the station". I had it set up as a sloper, from the top of a flag pole to the propeller shaft of a DC-3. This will be my set up for all future Field Days. Thank you Kerry for a great product. 73, Rich