Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | WinWarbler Help

Reviews Summary for WinWarbler
Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $free
Description: Supports PSK31 (up to 3 QSOs simultaneously) via soundcard and RTTY via soundcard and external modem.
More info: http://www.dxlabsuite.com

You can write your own review of the WinWarbler.

CT2IRY Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2013 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Best I've use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hi,

I was using Logger32 with MMTTY and MMVARI and CW Machine, to work RTTY and CW, the sound card of my MKII was always open, so I culdent record a message on the fly, for that I've to shut down the MMTTY or MMVARI, I've try diferent programs over the years, including HRD,DXBase,DX4Win, etc..., but as soon has I change to WinWrabler, my life change, the sound card shut afther the mode is change from RTTY or PSK, play's SSB macros, the MMTTY engine has been refine by Dave, as soon as WinWrabler has a CW decoder inside the guys in my club will be very happy, and I've convicy many to change from other programs to DXLab.
Very simple to setup, 5 minutes and you are ready to go.
Just one more word, Dave's support is the best and the fast that I've seen on Ham Radio programs.

Thanks Dave for wonderfull program and excellent support.

Nuno
CT2IRY

N1KWF Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2013 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Winwarbler is an outstanding daily digital mode program. Installing is a breeze with the Launcher program. Just a few clicks and no money outlay and you will be using the Ferrari of logging programs. I tried HRD and found it to be very user unfriendly. I chose not to use any part of HRD even when it was free! I tried the gateway from DXLabs but never found it useful. Winwarbler has everything HRD has and more so no need to use both.
I do use N1MM for RTTY contesting because it is a true contesting program and then import into DXKeeper and send off to LoTW , all in a matter of minutes.
DXLab Suite, being a modular suite, is hands down the easiest logging software available.
The BEST part of the whole experience is the absolute superior support given by the author. Truly satisfying.

4X1DA Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2005 01:19 Send this review to a friend
Unique Features  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although I've only been using WinWarbler for less than 1 week, I will rate it a 5 due to some unique and very useful features I have not seen in any similar SW package.
PSK31:
Although other similar programs can simultaneously monitor and decode PSK transmissions across the band, WinWarbler is the only one I found that can extract callsigns (Source and Destination) signal quality, and capturing text for rapid acquisition and QSO initiation. The 2 windows I keep opened all the time are the "Stations Heard" window and the "Channel Monitor" window. The "Stations Heard" window allows you to see a history of recently heard stations (you define the 'age' time in minutes), freq, channel #, sig quality, strength and who the station is communicating with. The "Channel Monitor" window provides realtime info of much of the above. It would be nice if the Channel Monitor offered more flexibility - for example to sort not only by age or callsign, and to have a timestamp on each call along with the ability to save as a text file.
RTTY:
I haven't played with it yet, but the ability to send and decode RTTY signals from two sources
simultaneously (diversity decoding - sound card and external modem) sounds very cool.

Thanks again for another great freeware product.

AD0K Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2004 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Solid Program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used several programs for PSK to include HamScope and Digipan. At first I was convinced that Hamscope was the better product, but after spending a couple of months with WW, I rarely use HamScope anymore. In fact, once Dave Bernstein adds CW to WinWarbler, I will delete HamScope from my computer.

In short...good program that does PSK and RTTY quite well.

Don/AD0K

W0MN Rating: 4/5 Apr 26, 2002 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Great free Digital Modes PSK31 and RTTY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program integrates with the other DXLAB suite of programs. It provides sound card PSK and RTTY modes. It does this very well and is full featured.
It does lack other modes and has only 2 banks of macros.
It provides full radio control if used with Commander.