Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | DXKeeper Help

Reviews Summary for DXKeeper
DXKeeper Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $free
Description: Full 32-bit logging with QSL card/label generation, ADIF import/export, and interoperation with Commander, DXView, Pathfinder, SpotCollector, and WinWarbler.

You can write your own review of the DXKeeper.

N1BUG Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2016 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Logging for the serious DXer  Time owned: more than 12 months
DXKeeper is the logging component of the DXLab software suite.

I tried many logging programs before I found DXKeeper. None of them was really what I wanted. There was always something lacking: poor DX awards tracking, poor log search and sort functions, not enough configuration options. I have been very satisfied with DXKeeper. There is more of a learning curve than with some other software, but that is because it is so powerful and flexible. The time I spent learning the program was some of the best time spent in amateur radio. It has greatly enhanced my DXing activities.

Support couldn't be better. There is a very active online support community where assistance from other users and the developer is always quickly available.

I can't imagine going back to DXing without DXKeeper (and the rest of the suite)!
K4FTW Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 05:38 Send this review to a friend
The best that I've found!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the logging module of a great Suite of programs. I have used DXKeeper for years, and have been satisfied with its performance since adopting it. I have tried other newer, flashier programs as they came out, but always revert to this one.

It does what I need it to do and it does it well. I also use most of the other programs in the Suite and am satisfied with them as well. A gentle warning though - don't expect to install this and dive right in without reading a bit. It is a program of awesome capability and to fully utilize its features, you need to consult the documentation.

Give it a chance and I think you'll be as satisfied as I have been.
W4QN Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 13:15 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was a late comer to computer logging, tried many of the popular programs but none "took" until I tried DXLAB. The modular format allowed me to begin using DXKeeper (logging info) which began the process of capturing QSO data onto a computer file.

It was a slow but progressive process to add modules as the use and benefits were understood.

BTW the above is not a methodology I would now recommend. Initially adding the other modules provides many functions that are easy to use and very beneficial.

Because DXLab is so feature RICH, the learning curve can be quite steep. I have introduced many to this program and now always recommend activating DXKeeper, Capture, Pathfinder, DXView and Commander (if the Rig is CAT controllable). These modules active, actually simplify the logging process and virtually eliminates any detail typing. It is helpful however to have a mentor to help in the initial configuration of the modules.

Linkage to, completes QSO Log detail info, Name, address and even QSL mgr. Other details are gather from either the 'Spot' or data inputted to Capture (freq, mode etc.)

Deletions, and corrections are just a few keystokes. Managing QSO's,, DXCC Progress, uploading to LoTW, eQSL, and club log are also just a few key strokes. As mentioned in other reviews, support is SUPERB.

It is not a "contest" logging program, but does allow you to participate as a casual operator and capture the necessary pertinent data. N1MM and others are easily imported to keep your overall log up to date.

Follow the guidelines when downloading the modules; Start with the LAUNCHER, and use that to download the rest for trouble free setup.

Remember Help is available on the DXLab Yahoo Reflector

It is easy to import and convert most other programs into DXKeeper.

Try it, I think you will like it, but I also recognize that for many the "Best software is the one I know how to use". But that does not mean that is best
KG7HDP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 12:12 Send this review to a friend
great ham radio software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I did not find dxkeeper or the dxlab suite that difficult, and I do not have an electronics or a computer background (medical career). Yes I had to read and study the manual and instructions , but I did not find them that hard to understand. I was checking out various software packages when my club suggested this one, I downloaded it and have never looked back. I use N1MM and clublog, and everything else is through dxlabs. On the rare occasion when I could not find my answer in the help material I could find it in previous posts in the forum reflector. When I started with winwarbler I had challenges, but that was due to my not knowing anything about digital. The support from the forum was excellent, Dave's support was patient and fast, many others helped, with some of them sending videos they made, skyping, etc. I am sorry for those who had problems but I do not remember seeing them on the forum asking questions. I would suggest that if you have not used or had a negative experience, try it (again) and look forward to seeing you on the forum.
W3QT Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Logging Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Initially I was overwhelmed by DXKeeper. Dave, the developer of DXLab Suite, advises new users to start slowly and move on only as your comfort level increases. As I read some of the negative evaluations of DXKeeper I have to wonder if maybe they arenít partially derivative of an impatience with having to spend time learning.

Iíve found DXKeeper to be an invaluable resource. More significant is the support FREELY offered by Dave, its developer. Itís reassuring to see the developer occasionally remind everyone on the DXLab Suite group list that any question is welcome, no matter how many times itís been asked before. Dave, and several others who are well versed in the program, are quick to offer helpful and timely guidance.

I wonít list all DXKeeper does, but consider this. I participate in CQís WPX award program. In a matter of a minute or two I can produce a report listing all prefix counters and supporting information. The same applies to DXCC, VUCC, WAZ, WAS, and many, many other awards of interest as well as contests. Long gone are the days with file organizers, note cards, and post-it notes. Want to know how many CW QSOs youíve had on 17 meters from March 1 to March 15 between the hours of 21:00 and 24:00 that lasted at least 15 minutes and are confirmed by LoTW and/or eQSL? It takes just a minute.

If youíre looking for a terrific logging program, and youíre willing to invest the time to learn how to use it, through trial and error as well as direct contact with the developer and others, try DXLogger or, better yet, the entire DXLab Suite.
N4NW Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2016 19:55 Send this review to a friend
REal DX Logging Program for Real DX'ers  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 40 plus years of working DX, both chasing and being DX, I have never found a more useful and complete logging package.

Being the core of the DXLab suite of programs it allows complete logging of each and every QSO (DX or not). Included is a simple clear layout of all log data - call, band mode date/time of QSO. Plus additional information can be displayed as to QSL status and interfacing with both LOTW and eQSL.

The tight integration of each module within DXLab allows tracking of QSL status, major DX awards, digital interfacing with all current equipment, DXClusters, and rotor control.

No, it is not for the casual appliance operator. However, for the money (oh yes it is free), it even out-performs all other complete logging programs - no matter the price.

On top of all this there is always a fast friendly support email available from the developer and other users.
W6NWS Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2016 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logging suite  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used DXLab for several years. I have tried most of the other logging programs at one time another and for me DXLab is the best as a general logger. My focus is primarily DXing. The response time for questions or issues is phenomenally short. It has a enormous capabilities. It can upload/download QSOs to LoTW, eQSL, and ClubLog if desired. It has award tracking capability for many awards. It can generate QSLs or labels for QSLs. It has modules for propagation prediction, cluster connections, and interfaces for address lookups such as I use it for CW, RTTY, and PSK. I maintain 5 separate logs with it. The capabilities can be a bit overwhelming to someone new if you try to do everything at once and hence the recommendation is to start simply and work up to the full capability you as a user might need.
AC9GK Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2016 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Program & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded to this program because it was free. It took sometime like any program to learn all the bells and whistles. I still do not use it to the fullest but what I use fits my needs.

Whenever I had a problem many people are willing to help. Dave the owner will answer many of my questions and has personally helped me.

I strongly recommend this program. Great job Dave keep up the great work.
K7EVI Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2016 12:05 Send this review to a friend
not for bimbos, but an excellent part of the suite  Time owned: more than 12 months
After trying another program for a year, and trying several other programs, I found DXLabs suites. It only took a few days for this OM to start using it. After several years I have found the integration with the others from DXLabs to be extra ordinary. I no longer lose track of my contacts when my old computers quit working. The learning curve is great and the proper uploading to eQSL and LoTW are glitch free for me. I do use N1MM+ for any contests and some general logging, but the more I use Keeper the happier I am with it. It does not mind logging an Emergency Services Net the way some expensive programs have been.
N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2016 11:14 Send this review to a friend
works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
DXKeeper works very well. It is a power tool, for power users. Like any power tool, it takes time to learn to use it properly. I've been using DXKeeper as my primary station log for over 5 years, and I still have not learned all it can do.

I use it for logging, uploading to LoTW, eQSL, and ClubLog as well as updating my log to indicate QSLs on those systems. It helps me manage my QSL-ing and award applications. Recent improvements have added support to track the 2016 ARRL National Parks on The Air program. It can print labels for your QSL cards, print the cards themselves, and print address labels for the envelopes.

Some of the things that are best about it are the support, which is great and usually very fast, and the integration with the rest of the DX Lab suite. It picks up radio frequency and mode from Commander, and instantly updates the unworked list that are shown in Spot Collector.

If you take the time to learn how to use this tool, it will give you a rewarding experience.