Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for CT Paddle
CT Paddle Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $129.99
Description: Import paddle in different configurations
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT Paddle.

ON6DP Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2009 04:22 Send this review to a friend
CT CW Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hallo,
I have nuy a CT-Europe X and a CT-73MS by UR5CDX and it's great CW Keyers. Fine construction, easy to use and not particularly expensive regarding the price of a VIBROPLEX.
The precision of manufacturing is superbe and my hand can do CW quicker as with my vibroplex key
I'm very satisfied about these keyer
look on www.ur5cdx.com
73's de Paul, ON6DP / OP0P

K4JAF Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2004 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Arrived in good condition with fine packing materials. Easy to set up and has a good feel in sending. Components seem to be of high quality. I would recommend highly for the dollar cost. Jim K4JAF

G4OFV Rating: 3/5 Apr 22, 2003 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Dull & lifeless when sending  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great looks but dull and lifeless when sending, the paddle feels light and gives no feeling back to you when sending, try before buying.

With all these high mirrored bases be carefully cleaning / dusting as it is very easy to scratch the mirror finish, left few fine scratches just wiping dust of mine with clean cloth

UR5CDX Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2002 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Rollce Royce of Morse !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I acquired the CT Deluxe hand key and the CT Europe Iambic Lever Paddle purchased on-line from http://www.tonywelsh.com about a year ago.

Both arrived this morning, in super packing, and of course brilliant condition. They are both SUPERB! I will be keeping them both.

The craftsmanship is of the highest standard, and has already been admired by fellow workers, comments include

"How do they do that for that kind of money?"

These are a credit to your production people, and deserve to be known world-wide. I will be sure to mention them in each QSO I make using them. It feels great, like Rolls Royce.

A Gentleman with a Quality Product, I'm very, VERY pleased.

These keys and paddles must be kept for generations.

73 es DX !

N8KZ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2002 22:35 Send this review to a friend
Still a great key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first started using the CT paddle key I had to clean the contacts. After using the key for a while one of the contacts was dirty again. The dirty spot was black in color right at the contact point. This prevented the circuit from working. After removing the adjustment contact screw I noticed that a black fluid (maybe thread cutting oil or cleaner) was in the screw hole and was flowing via the screw threads to the contact points. I removed all adjustment screws and wiped them with a paper towel. I cleaned the screw holes using cotton Q-tip sticks. All screw holes where dirty with this stuff. The cleaning appears to have fixed the contact problem. This is a great key and I still recommend it.
73 Dave

VE3WMB Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2002 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my CT-22 dual paddles from Morse Express.
They are about 2/3 the size of my Bencher and a perfect pairing with my Yaesu FT-817. I was looking for a small set
of paddles to use on vacation but had my fill of "toy" paddles. It was a toss up between the CT22 and the Vibroplex code warrior. In the end I chose the CT-22 because I was very impressed with the quality of the CT-2 mini straight key that I had ordered previously.
After playing with them for a few hours I can
say that they are a perfect weight for the size of
the paddles. Absolutely no skating around on the desk.

I did make a couple of Mods to suit my fist.
First the I replaced the rubber feet with stick on 3M Bumpon feet. I found that the rubber compound on the original feet was a bit soft causing the the paddle to wobble a bit while in use. Secondly I found the springs a bit stiff for my liking so I removed the springs and snipped a coil of each and stretched them out
a bit and reinstalled them.

I am very pleased with the end result, great
machining, excellent finish and a nice price.

WB8CAC Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2002 10:13 Send this review to a friend
CT-11: Great paddle and fine work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First let me say that I am not a highly experienced keyer user. After 34 years of using nothing but bugs, I bought a rig with a built in keyer, and decided to use it ( The K1 !!!! ). Not wanting make too radical of a change, I decided to use a single lever paddle rather than go iambic right off the bat.
I played with several paddles at a hamfest, not really liking any of them. Then a local showed me his CT and I more or less fell in love with it.

Go to www.dxham.com to see pictures and info on the CT keys.

The first thing you notice is that sun glasses may be needed to look at it in bright light. The chrome is brillaint! After your eyes adjust to the glare you notice the unique design with 3 chromed circular brackets supposting the lever, contacts and adjustments. The finger pieces are uniquely shaped from wood. It looks like it belongs in an art museum.

When you pick it up you can't help notice how heavy it is for its size. The paddle definately stays where you put it!

On the air it's a dream to send with. I played with the adjustments for a couple days to get everything feeling right for me. It's one the air several hours a day at speeds from 15 to 40 WPM and I don't feel like my arm is going to fall off as I did after similar sessions with other keys.

My only minor complaint is that wires must be connected to it via solder terminals on the bottom. I would prefer screw terminals.