Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-2410H Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-2410H
Icom IC-2410H Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $299.99
Description: Dualband mobile ham radio transciever

Frequency range: 144-148 / 440-450 MHz (USA)
RF Power output: Hi: 45/35 W, Mid: 10/10 W, Lo: 5/5 W
Dimensions (W*H*D): 140*40*175 mm
Weight: 1.35 Kg
Manufactured: 1991-19xx

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-2410H.

VE5TRF Rating: 3/5 Oct 14, 2011 19:26 Send this review to a friend
repairability  Time owned: more than 12 months
seems that this rig has an issue with the pa modules quiting. I just revived one for a friend by poping the cap off the uhf pa module and re soldering ALL the leads onto the module. seems that stress fractured the solder joints over time due to heating and cooling of the set. as the frame is aluminum and icom didnt leave any stress loop in the connection lead, the pushing and pulling of the lead broke the connection.
saved him at least 50 bucks

SM3WEO Rating: 4/5 Jan 20, 2004 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Exelent performer.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 2410H as my first duo band rig for quite a few years ago.
It has been performing exelent since then.
The only trouble i've ever had with it was when the fan controller whent south on me.
Tied it to permanent power via 200 ohm res. and problem solved.
Seems to be the only common flaw on the 2410's.
The "4 - good" instead of the "5 - great" is because the tiny amount of memory locations.
15 slots + call channel / band is somewhat to little for me and i constantly kept changing the memmory content to fit what i was currently doing.
Now it has finaly retired from my shack to serve as an APRS tranceiver in a buddys car and i have went on to a Kenwood TM-D700E, but that's another story.
If you find a 2410H for a nice buck, buy it!
It will do what it's said to do, no more, no less.
A great beginners radio.

KC4GMY Rating: 4/5 Dec 27, 2003 23:21 Send this review to a friend
Good transceiver with lots of features...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my 2410H for 8 years. The 70cm power module went out during the warranty period and was promptly replaced by ICOM. The HM-56A microphones are prone to trouble. The push to talk button fails and sometimes it gets stuck. So do the up/down buttons on the mic. I've had 3 mics and all have had the same problems. Overall, I can't complain too much about this transceiver after many years of moderate use it has held up well.
The best feature about the transceiver is the ability to control it remotely with a 70cm handheld. (Optional UT-55 required.)

NA4IT Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2003 01:09 Send this review to a friend
In EOC Operations  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have two of these in the KF4CFO club station, programmed identically, and use a cheap Bellsouth Headset (single earpiece w? electret mic) wired for them. Great radio for EOC use. Only problem we have had is the circuitry that tells the fan to turn on failed. Icom wanted $75 to look at it, we wired the fan direct to the DC in and works fine. Power to the rig is off when not in use anyway.

Also, it is a simple radio to crossband repeat with, even having the capability to be put in crossband mode thru DTMF if need be. (Frequencies have to be preset and radio on, of course.)

K9KJM Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2002 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought an Icom 2410H new when they first came out. Was big bucks, but has worked great for almost 10 years now, on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in cross-band repeat mode. Only reason it does not get a 5 rating from me is because some of the newer Icom radios (2350 and 2710) are more user friendly than the old 2410. If I saw another 2410 for a reasonable price, I would buy it.