Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Kendoo BC-79A Help

Reviews Summary for Kendoo BC-79A
Kendoo BC-79A Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Desktop Charger, Single Quick for ICOM BP84, BP85, 157A, 160, 132, 174, 173, CM166
More info: http://www.kendoo.com/index.asp

You can write your own review of the Kendoo BC-79A.

KMB01 Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2006 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: more than 12 months
i use this kendoo bc-79a for my bp-174, bp-174s... battery packs for my Icom ic-2GXAT, works very well, fast charger for on-the-go people... a very reasonable price, considering that its a fast charger, although a replacement charger, its effective and does its job...

10-44s to Kabalikat Malaya Zambales

ZL2UFI Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2002 23:34 Send this review to a friend
Great product and great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purhased a second hand IC-2SRA 2M/Scanner handheld. When I purchased it I was unaware of its true age, but was promised that the two supplied batteries a BP-82 and CM-89 would hold a charge (wee they did but not for long). After searching ZL, VK and other places around the world (several of which don't do International Orders) I found Kendoo after reading one of the reviews here. I ordered through their web site a BC-79A, BP84, and a 240 volt power pack. Kendoo went the extra mile by getting the best price for the freight. They said it would take 4-5 working days - sent Thursday arrived Tuesday - Miami to Wellington, New Zealand. The battery pack and charger have worked well. The only comment I can say is that the power pack has European type prong's so had to buy an adaptor from Dick Smith, apart from that it works well, and has made the use of the Icom of more value.

9Z4CLB Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2002 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Products, Great People, Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought an Icom IC-W32A Hand Held and was not impressed with the battery supplied by Icom. I ordered the KENDOO replacement Ni-MH replacement and then subsequently another (as backup) and their BC-79A Desk Top Fast Charger.
I must say that it is a pleasure to deal with the people at KENDOO, they go the extra mile to please their customers. I would not hesitate to recommend their products.

Cletus, 9Z4CLB

N2MWE Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2002 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a used IC3SAT, and of course, there are no ICOM chargers available for the five watt battery. Based upon the other review, I looked at the Kendoo website.
Not only did I buy the charger, but also a NiMH BP85 battery pack. I'm happy to say both are fine. No conditioning? No big deal! Run the battery down until the radio dies, and you'll never have to worry about memory. Then again, supposedly, with NiMH, you never have to worry about memory anyway.
Thank you, Kendoo!

KB8QKW Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2002 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Aftermarket Icom Charger  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought an ICOM IC-T7H 144/440 HT and I really didn't want to pay ICOM $89 for the desktop charger and then another $20 for the "Cup" to adapt it to my radio. I found this aftermarket manufacturer so I bought their version. What I like is that for one low price, you get the charger and, in my case, three adapter inserts to make it work with your rig as well as several others. The HT fits snuggly into the charger and it quick charges the unit from dead in about 1 hour then switches to trickle automatically. You can charge with the radio still attached to the battery or the battery alone.
If I had to say anything less than good about it, it would be that it would be nice if it had a conditioning feature, but, for $35...I'm not complaining.
It works great, and they have models for alot of other radio brands.