Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | B&W MODEL 376 Help

Reviews Summary for B&W MODEL 376
B&W MODEL 376 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Five position antenna switch, With Ground position

You can write your own review of the B&W MODEL 376.

WB4IUY Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2016 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Great switch, well made.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one that I've used many years. Recently arced it over when I put the amp through it into a bad antenna. Saw comments that it can't be serviced...it can. use a simple can opener to open the rear, solder the lid back when finished. Another poster mentioned it fed all ports...it doesn't. If it's a 'Protax' model, one side of the rotary switch grounds all unused antennas. If the ground patch on that side of the switch fails, it'll cause that problem. Like anything, they can break. Mine has served me well with much abuse for at least 20 years QRO, and after recently cleaning it inside, it still does.

KI0Z Rating: 0/5 Jan 7, 2015 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Poor ISOLATION PORT TO PORT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAD ONE I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD SWITCH . I TUNED THE LINER ON THE NET INTO THE DUMMY LOAD AND RCVD A REPORT FROM ACROSS THE USA ON THE PHO NET. I WAS S-9. TESTING IT IT WAS NICE LOOKING BUT junk. got a Ameritron RCS8V. and with local ops doing the same test was nothing .....B ware.....YOU ARE FEEDING ALL PORTS AT ONCE, POOR ISOLATION PORT TO PORT.BUT OHM METER SHOWS CONTINUTY WHERE IT IS SWITCHED...I HAD 2 OF THEM BOTH THE SAME STORY. 73 GL KI0Z

N7EKU Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2015 00:10 Send this review to a friend
Very nice.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,

I just purchased one of these through an auction website. It seems pretty old and was all covered with old sticky tape and marker pen writing. The switch action was also a bit stiff and sticky.

+ Everthing cleaned off fine with alcohol and the paint underneath survived the cleaning in great shape.

+ After a drop of oil on the shaft the action loosned up and it is now very precise and snappy.

+ All the contacts reliably read the minimum of my DMM (0.2ohm with banana leads for plugging into the UHF connectors) for going from the common connector to the others.

+ They also read mimimum resistance to ground when not selected.

+ Fully enclosed unit to keep the insides clean, which could be a problem if you need to service the contacts, but mine certainly didn't need any.

All positives to report and no negatives. That gets it five stars from me!

As a comparision to other switches, I picked up a Dosy switch in a box lot which uses a single plastic wafer switch; this doesn't seem too great for higher powers, but otherwise it is OK. I have a Daiwa CS-201 which is nice but did need contact adjusting. I have an MFJ-1704 which is OK, but not near as good quality because the switch detents are kind of crudely done and I had to work on the contacts and UHF connectors to get it reliable. It also only grounds the lines when you switch the selector to the middle ground position -- the B&W grounds all the connectors that are not selected.

W8ZNX Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2007 01:17 Send this review to a friend
works  Time owned: more than 12 months
mine has had over 25 years of regular use
keeps working
what more can one say about a switch
but
that it works

mac

KW4N Rating: 0/5 Sep 1, 2006 04:47 Send this review to a friend
Insult to engineering imagination.  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's so gummed up that I can barely turn the switch knob. Detent feedback is poor. The unit is sealed so cannot perform any kind of maintenance. The radial design is poor conceptually but good for low manufacturing costs and high profit. If you want your coax running in every direction 'around the clock' then this radial design is for you. Overall, an insult to engineering imagination.
73's Dave

VE7AGW Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2005 21:25 Send this review to a friend
B&W Protax  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 376, Protax and even the old CS-3G. Haven't had any problems with any of them. I've had all three switches for over 15 years now. I use the old CS-3G on vhf/uhf and the other two on hf to vhf (six meters) and haven't had any complaints at all. B&W make a very good quality switch and I wouldn't think twice about buying more if needed.

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2003 20:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Switches  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have personally used the 376, 375, and 550a switches, and have run 1 KW+ thru them all, while feeding an 80M Horizontal Loop...... talk about some strange impedances on different bands! .... any way, never a problem with any of these switches. all have worked well. Good old quality.

K9KJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2002 15:09 Send this review to a friend
GOOD H.F. ANTENNA SWITCH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a goodly number of the B&W antenna switchs over the years, And feel that they are great switchs for H.F> use. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THEM ON VHF/UHF! The rotary type switch is just no good at VHF/UHF. The ones to use are the switches that put all unused antennas to ground. The later B&W switches are called "Protax" that do this.