Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB Help

Reviews Summary for Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB
Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Standalone inductance/capacitance measurement device
with LCD display. Sold in kit form.
More info: http://www.aade.com/lcm2binst/LC2Binst.htm

You can write your own review of the Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB.

KE6BB Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2014 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Tool!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned mine for about 2 years, and wish I hadn't waited so long to buy it. I use it almost every day.

This is a great device, especially for capacitors and air core inductors. I suggest you read the Clifton Labs review (http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/aade_l_c_iib_meter_review.htm and click on the PDF review) to understand its limitations for use on cores made from frequency dependent materials (e.g. ferrites). That doesn't make it a bad buy...not at all. Just understand that any tool has limitations.

KC9LIF Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2014 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been wanting one of these for a long time, and finally got it. It arrived super fast. The enclosed manual was clear and concise with many pictures. I had one question which I emailed to Neil and he answered it in minutes. Upon completion, it worked the first time, and I measured a Cx and Lx of known quantity, and they were spot on!! Now I have several coils to wind for upcoming projects, and I look forward to being able to measure their inductance. Thanks for a great product, Neil.

OZ5ES Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Could'nt do without it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this for about 5 years, and it's in use a couple of times a week.
One of the best tools i've ever had. :-)

Best regards Ebbe oz5es

WD8PNL Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2013 15:17 Send this review to a friend
First Rate Service and Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I telephoned Almost All Digital Electronics, spoke with Neil Heckt, and purchased an assembled L/C Meter IIB. It arrived in 3 days, but it was a "infant mortality" unit, as sometimes happens with new electronic products. I contacted Neil, performed a simple test that he directed over the telephone, and Neil asked me to return the meter for repair. It arrived in 5 days and performed correctly. This L/C Meter is quite handy to have on the work bench.

WB6SSW Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2013 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Great kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I echo the recent reviews below, this is a great piece of bench equipment that went together very quickly and easily. Apparently, the assembly instructions have been greatly improved over the years as the issues cited in the early reviews are no longer at issue.

Therefore, I would highly recommend that anyone who is contemplating the kit check the instructions available on line to see for himself how clear they are.

NR4M Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Great product; even better support  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased the L/C meter IIB several years ago and used it regularly in building tuned circuits. Works really well for my needs, and am totally satisfied.
Several months ago, I knocked my unit off my workbench and broke of one of the binding posts. Not a big deal to replace, except the threads were metric. My big concern was what I may have done to the calibration of the device.
I contacted Neil at Almost All Digital Electronics and he replaced the binding post and checked the calibration for THE COST OF POSTAGE.
You just can not ask for better after the sale (WAY after the sale) support. East to West coast and back in a week!

F1BZF Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2013 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Great instrument  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it assembled.
Really accurate and useful.
Great to have it!

K2IZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 08:49 Send this review to a friend
should have bought this one first  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got involved in building the SDR radios, wanted to check for the correct values after winding the coils, bought a "commercial" meter, it didn't even register when I hooked up the coils, bought and built this kit, which I should have done in the first place, works just fine, now if I can find someone to buy the "commercial" meter!

K4SAT Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2011 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Happy Camper  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built this kit and am very pleased by the way it turned out. The quality of the hardware and case is pretty good for the price point. Unless you knew it was a kit it would be hard to tell it wasn't a commercially marketed product.The kit worked first time when I powered it up and the readings are very accurate and stable.

Joe K4SAT
www.leikhim.com

IZ4KBS Rating: 4/5 Oct 24, 2010 15:44 Send this review to a friend
A few caps were missing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just finished assembling and testing the unit and the first impression is good. It worked right from the first power-up, so no problem with that. Instructions are clear and informative, so again no problem with that either. In fact at the beginning the display did not show anything, so I thought I had made some mistake with the build, but then it turned out that it was because the contrast pot needed to be turned fully CW for the display to become clearly visible. I would have given this kit a 5, were it not for a few capacitors that were missing from the bag. Namely, three 10uF and two 0.1uF capacitors were missing, that is a total of five components, which is a bit too many for such a low part count circuit. Luckily they are not critical components and I had some of them in my junk box, otherwise I would have been stuck. I urge AADE to double-check the kits for missing parts before they are shipped. Apart from that, the meter is well designed and it is definitely worth buying.