Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB Help

Reviews Summary for Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB
Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB Reviews: 44 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Standalone inductance/capacitance measurement device
with LCD display. Sold in kit form.
More info: http://www.aade.com/lcm2binst/LC2Binst.htm

You can write your own review of the Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB.

KE4RQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Great tool for kit builders  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I get older my eyes need more help identifying the increasingly smaller components found in kits today. This is the kit to get. Goes together in one evening and works the first time--well, if you follow the instructions it does! If you're a kit builder like me or want to roll your own, I don't see how you can get along with it. Mine is right next the soldering iron so I can check values BEFORE soldering them in. Get it; you won't be sorry.

KN4QD Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2010 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great kit and great support.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the kit version and it went together in about an hour without a hitch. One of the standoffs was missing but a quick email to Neil and I had two standoffs in my mailbox two days later, gratis.

The meter works great and is very handy to have, especially winding torroids and transformers.

WB2STR Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2010 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Essential for all homebrewers!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My L/C IIB meter gets a solid 5 from me based on my 10 years of owning one. I have had for over 10 years. At that time, I think Neil had just upgraded the meter to the IIB version. Though I was initially hesitant about the relatively high price, the meter had solid reviews and I am soooo glad I bought the kit, which I really didn't think was difficult at all to put together from the instructions. For homebrewers, experimenters, and kit builders, this L/C meter is worth every cent. I have more than recouped my money in hours saved troubleshooting and sorting through all those surplus capacitors and coils. Its small size doesn't take up much workbench space and its portability is a big plus. Thanks, Neil, for providing a truly great instrument!

WB2FYZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2009 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the kit version and I am very pleased with this
excellent test Instrument. Very Fast Shipping and delivery.
The assembly process for me was very easy and it worked the
first time I turned it on. This is a great product for measuring
small inductor and capacitor values as used in RF equipment and
projects.

W4XG Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2009 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Good instrument & good support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Accurately measures small components. Neil helps you and will even fix it for just the return postage cost if you have a problem. (I had an unsoldered pad.) Easy kit if you have some experience. A solid 5.

W5KG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2009 07:10 Send this review to a friend
very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just completed the L/C Meter IIB.
Very easy to put together but reading the instructions is a must.
Color pix makes it easy to do.
About 1 to 2 hour project.
$99 kit reasonable in price.
May not be first time kit builders. Good soldering skills is a must.
No complicated adjustment need and worked great the first time powered up!
I would have given a 4.5 but I believe better than a 4 so I'll give it a 5.
It will make a very good piece of equiptment in the shack.
Way to go Neil.
73 de W5KG, Don

N2DE Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2008 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this instrument mainly to measure and adjust small inductors, and the results look spot on. The kit can be built in less than an hour, and it worked without problems right away. The PC board does not have silk screened components, so this is not for a first-time kit builder but if you build this device, it is probably not unreasonable to assume that you have a fair share of electronics experience and the photos in the assembly instructions are clear enough. For the money, this instrument his hard to beat.

KC5-SR Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A very good L-C meter, easy to assemble and well supported by the manufacturer. If you need a good, accurate L-C meter, this is the one to get. I am identifying several inductors and the toroid units wound for the Softrock series of receivers.

A lot faster and easier to use than the General Radio 1650 and the Sencore LC meter and other "VOM" type of meters.

By all means don't waste your money on the "Very Accurate LC Meter" sold by "Electronics-DIY.com", which appers to be based on the same principle as this one. They send a useless, un-drilled plastic box and once the kit is put together, the consumption is in the order of 1/2 Ampere, which kills the LM-7805 regulator. No technical support (sent 2 emails which they did not respond to) and there is no information on the display in order to lower or disconnect the backlight. which is the culprit for the high consumtion consumption.

AB2DP Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2008 15:13 Send this review to a friend
A very good testing L/C Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super fast shiping, and great communication too. The meter is working very well and is great for our needs to build electronic equipment as hams..I will do business with him again. I wish to see this product with a back light display.

VK3KBC Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2008 05:38 Send this review to a friend
A 'Must Have' for Home Brewers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Hi All,

I'd been using a Sencore LC53 in the past for measuring inductors and capacitors but I needed to measure inductors smaller than 1uH, which the Sencore won't do.

I ordered an AADE Meter on Monday the 8th and I received an email from Neil not long after saying that it would be sent out the next day. It arrived here in VK in less than a week from the U.S. That's quick!

The kit is very well designed with good quality board & components and a professional looking case.

I glanced over the instructions but didn't really read the text. I was able to put the kit together in just over half an hour by simply copying the parts placement in the step by step color pictures.

As an experienced homebrewer, I found the assembly a breeze.

Beginners should have no problems with the kit either if they follow the very detailed instructions as there are plenty of color pictures to supplement the text. In my kit, all components were identical to those shown in the pictures.

The meter worked first time as soon as I connected the battery and it does everything as designed.

It's very accurate and very quick.

It's much quicker than my Sencore LCR Meter and it's constantly updating the display so you can check variable capacitors and inductors over their operating ranges as well.

I'm very impressed with the whole package.

If anyone's contemplating getting a L/C Meter, I would strongly recommend you consider this unit. If you have any doubts about being able to construct it, pay the few dollars extra and get a pre-assembled unit.

Regards,