Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Vertex VX-10 VHF-UHF Help

Reviews Summary for Vertex VX-10 VHF-UHF
Vertex VX-10 VHF-UHF Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 40-Channel, 99-channel, or 102-channel VHF or UHF radio. Modeled after the Motorola Visar.
More info: http://66.240.138.150/LM/vx10.html

You can write your own review of the Vertex VX-10 VHF-UHF.

PFDMATT Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2005 09:54 Send this review to a friend
I Like My Handitalkie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my Vertex vx-10 for about a year now it was a used fire pager/radio so far I relly like mine, it pages when ever they set it off, but the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't get along real well with computers. Also I have just recentley bough the programing software for it, but am looking for the cabels. If any one has cabels for sale let me know.

BURRHEAD Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2002 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for close to 4 years after I traded 2 old GP-300 2ch Uhf for it. I work for a fire dept so its on my belt most of the day. It has taken several got drops and no major problems. have heard of people complaining about teh rubber cover on the ptt. the only downfall to me is the way the speaker mic connects. just kinda hangs in the wind, been waiting to rip the housing open.

TAC9CAR6 Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2002 22:25 Send this review to a friend
BEST PORTABLE RADIO  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE OWNED MY VX-10 FOR ABOUT 4 YRS NOW AND IT HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN. I OFTEN THINK OF UPGRADING TO A NEWER RADIO BUT WHEN COMPARED THE VX-10 STILL HAS THE BEST OPTIONS FOR THE MONEY. I HAVE IT ON MY BELT ABOUT 12 HRS A DAY. BEING AN AVID FIRE BUFF AND FIREFIGHTER I FIND THE RANGE AND TRANSMIT POWER VERY GOOD.
I HAVE OWNED OTHER BRANDS IN THE PAST AND USE OTHER BRANDS FOR MY JOB, I FIND THE VX-10 IS FAR SUPERIOR IN MONOTORING OTHER TOWNS AND BUFF GROUPS. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS AMAZED AT ITS COMPACT SIZE AND ITS CAPABILITIES. I UPGRADED TO THE 102 CHANNEL VERSION AS SOON AS I BOUGHT THE RADIO.
MY ONLY WISH IS THAT IT WAS DUAL BAND! I WOULD LIKE TO MONITOR VHF EQUIPPED TOWNS AND SYSTEMS AT THE SAME TIME, MAYBE I WILL HAVE TO SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY A VHF MODEL.
I GAVE THIS RADIO AN EXCELLENT RATING FOR THE ABOVE STATED REASONS, AND I WOULD RECOMMED THIS PORTABLE TO ALL INTERESTED.

KC8SVS Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2002 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this VHF radio for a little while now and I love it. I was looking at buying a Motorola Visar, when a friend of mine pointed it out. I bought this radio off of eBay and it came with EVERYTHING, including the programming software and cable. This radio is very versatile with a wide VHF (136-174) coverage. I would recommend this to anyone. The only gripes that I have about it are:

- Display light should be brighter.
- Display alphanumerics should be easier to read.

Otherwise, I LOVE this radio. It's small, and the standard battery lasts FOREVER!

73's