Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr
ICOM IC-2350H  50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$616.00 (New, 1996)
Description: 50 Watt two meter, 35 Watt 440 FM mobil Xcvr Dual-Band

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr.

N2WSC Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2014 05:41 Send this review to a friend
Good radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had this icom ic2350 for a very short time and regret selling it.
Its a simple radio with no bells and whistles but does a good job .
Its a little gem.

PD9SW Rating: 4/5 Apr 5, 2009 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Good radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi, I received this radio by mail just the other week. I especially bought this radio, because I searched for a twin rx dual band radio for crossband operation and I'm very satisfied with my other Icoms (IC-7000, Icom IC-W2E and IC-92D).

Anyway the sensitivity is very good. Squelch is ok, but a rather large hysterisis and not a very high 'upperlevel', but it's ok. Intermod ok, not over squelchlevel. What I wonder however, is how to activate crossband operation. I read the link on mods.dk and on ham.dmz.ro as well (both the same: both main dials and set at the same time), but my 2350 gives a low beep as in 'error' and does nothing at all. Anybody ANY idea? This is a 2350H exactly indeed (serialno. around 01000). Is this a european model? If so, doesn't the european maybe crossband? As well am I looking for a UT-89 ctcss decoding unit. All together: good radio for a small wallet :-)

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2008 13:02 Send this review to a friend
what can i say...........  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i recently purchased this rig from the original owner whose had it for 11 yrs and i must say it is a really good radio.
very easy to figure out the functions even without the help of an owners manual. i don't see myself selling this rig anytime soon. i may even keep it until it fails.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ! ! ! ! !

NY1M Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2008 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Solid as a Rock  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this radio second hand from my father over 10 years ago. It was my first dual-band mobile, as it was his.

I've done everything with this radio; from using it in the car to having it set up as a base in the house. I used the cross-band repeat function extensively as the repeater I frequent is out of HT range for me.

After letting this radio sit for the last 3 years in the basement (as I've been inactive), I decided to fire her up last night. Not so surprisingly, she ran flawlessly - prompting me to write this review.

The only reason this radio is not going back in my car is because the 2350 came out before remoteable faceplates were introduced.

I love this radio, and would look to replace it if it ever failed. I think that's saying a lot for a radio over 10 years old.

AA2HA Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2007 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can I say about a radio that has several hundred hours without any problems? The transmit audio is very smooth, the receiver is very sensitive and not prone to intermod. It is a breeze to program and the display is easy to read. Great performer with wonderful ergonomics.

KC5LWK Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2007 18:19 Send this review to a friend
fit, form, and funtion  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needs no intro,

Already does that if you know how !

Works with ease. Have owned 3 back 96`one left and still runs great !!
all performed flawless no problems.

Great radio it is what it is period .

spent a little to have so much.

radio does Much more than advertised.
"Now there very afffordable as being 11 years old"

New cost was 500 with all opitions per unit. In Todays market there going for around 250-300 depending on opitions. these rigs were very underated at the time as icom was phasing out for a new model pdq.

K9KJM Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2003 04:02 Send this review to a friend
A REAL KEEPER!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio is a real KEEPER! I thought I might sell one of mine to help pay for the new Icom
2720H I wished for over a year........... WRONG!
The 2350 is about 10 times simpler to operate than
the P.O.S. 2720H!
I only hope Icom reads some of these reviews
and brings out a NEW radio that works like the
good old 2350H/ 2710H........ Because the "new"
2720H that we waited for over a year to hit the
market is a REAL DUD to AVOID!
If the good old 2350H only had the new digital
squelch, It would be PERFECT! I still rate it
a full 5 because I cannot give the 2720 less
than the zero that it deserves.

M1VHT Rating: 4/5 Feb 19, 2003 17:43 Send this review to a friend
NICE DUAL BANDER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this radio secondhand for 140 pounds and was very suprised at how compact it was.
After connecting it all up and finding my way around the radio i decided to put my 1st call out on s20 and was shocked at the noise of the cooling fan that's located at the rear of the radio,even my contacts enquired about the whining in the background.
This is the only gripe i have with the radio everything else is great.
As for a rating it gets 4/5 from me but would of got a 5/5 if the fan had worked better.

W2AIQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2003 22:30 Send this review to a friend
good to go!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this radio in when they first came out, about 550 beans or so!..... anyway it has been from here to there and back again and I still love the thing.operates great!

73 de W2AIQ

KD1XH Rating: 4/5 Nov 29, 2002 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Good radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine way back when they came out, so it's about 6 years old now. The radio still works great! The speaker does sound a little funny though. I stopped using that radio for over a year when I got my FT-100, but then I started using it again as a base, and now I have loaned it to a friend. I do know how to do cross-band repeat and the control functions but I won't post any details until I get the rig back so I can test it to make sure I don't give erroneous information