Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr
ICOM IC-2350H  50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$616.00 (New, 1996)
Description: 50 Watt two meter, 35 Watt 440 FM mobil Xcvr Dual-Band

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2350H 50W 2M/440 FM Mobil Xcvr.

KD5TXX Rating: 4/5 Oct 15, 2002 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this radio used as a first mobile. It took me just a little time to figure it out. It works great and I have had many people tell me it sounds great. The only gripe I have is that you can't name the channels. I think it probably came out before radios had that feature though. I love it and will not be trading or selling it if I do ever get another. Dual recieve is great.

KD7ALF Rating: 4/5 Sep 17, 2002 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio - Lacks some basics  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these (used) from a Ham Swapmeet recently. I love the radio and the ease of use, but I feel that it lacks a few things:

- No Alpha display (Can't name the channels)
- No built-in control for the DTMF mike to control the radios functions (you have to buy a separate unit).
- The manual is really vague in many areas, such as: crossband repeat function and wide coverage scanning. I understand that the radio will do these things, but HOW??

The radio is a great rig otherwise. I've had no problems with intermod and have received great signal reports on both Simplex and on both bands via repeaters. The cooling fan is handy device that will help the finals run cooler when using high power. The face controls are straightfowrad and easy to learn and the dimmer control is DEFINITELY a plus!

The only REAL gripe I would have about the radio itself it that the head unit heats up while the dimmer is on the brightest setting (4). I wonder if this could cause damage in the long-run?

I would buy another one for home use as long as the price was right!

W1UT Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2002 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Dual Bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this radio for quite some time and it has withstood just about everything I have thrown at it. It is plenty rugged with lots of features. I do have one complaint ... The radio is pretty susceptable to pager intermod. I live about a mile from a pager system that could only be eliminated by adding an external filter. Otherwise its a fine piece of equipment. Mine has all of the options - allows you to scan for tone freqs and externally control the radio via DTMF. What I have not figured out is how to control the radio via another radio's touch tone pad while the radio is in crossband repeat mode. There must be a way to do it, otherwise its a useless feature. Anyone have any info on this?

Tnx,
Les

KG6FLB Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2002 20:43 Send this review to a friend
excellent radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very excellent radio and features that many other radio are compared too.You can have the fan come on when you transmit or leave the fan on when you turn on the radio on those Hot summer days.Excellent Display lighting and contrast,there are (4)settings for the lighting.The Mic has a nice solid feel and balance weight and great audio reports from VHF and UHF bands.Programing is easy to operate and it took me 1/2 hr or less to add frequencys of 35 on VHF and 25 on UHF with thw offsets and PL's very good Manual.Radio has NO heating problems even when transmitting on the High power settings,due to a great fan and Very Quiet.It's a keeper for me on my book!!!!!!!!!

K9KJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2002 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Value Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Icom 2350 series is a great mobil or base radio that will do lots of "unadvertised" tricks, including receive up to around 900 some Mhz, and other neat tricks with a little modification....... Great for cross-band repeat operation, walk around with s micro size handi like a Q7A on UHF, and "repeat" out thru the 2350 on two meters at 50 watts.... I have one set up for base use, and another in the mobil, and have had really good luck with them!