Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola MT-2000 VHF Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola MT-2000 VHF
Motorola MT-2000 VHF Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Motorola MT-2000 VHF
Description: Motorola MT-2000 VHF. 250 channels, 6-character top alphanumeric alphanumeric display. Looks like the HT1000, but with the display. Is one of the JEDI series Motorola Portables.
More info: http://www.motorola.com

You can write your own review of the Motorola MT-2000 VHF.

KB8LKH Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2017 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: months
Excellent radio. I own one for VHF and one for UHF. I also own speaker Mic, slow charger, and six bay rapid charger. I have a couple of cases they work with too.

Still narrow band part 90 compliant. Even compliant for my search and rescue work.

AD0JA Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Toughest radio around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got a good deal on a VHF MT2000 Model III.

Display is losing pixels (a manufacturing defect acknowledged by Motorola) but other than that it is great!!!

The MT2000s are narrowband 2.5Khz capable, so you can legally use them on commercial frequencies (as long as you have the proper license.)

I have gotten EXCELLENT audio and signal reports on local repeaters with this radio.

Also checked it on a spectrum analyzer, it has almost NO spurious emissions and a very clean signal.

This radio could literally beat those CCRs (cheap chinese radios) deep into the ground.

W2NDG Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2012 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof and reliable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a box-lot of MT2000s and an HT1000 with an impres battery and charger. I have successfully converted them for Ham use, and they are great radios. I use them for events and TX hunts since the battery seems to run forever on a charge. The only drawback to these is that you cannot program a new freq on-the-fly, but with 160 channels I can pretty much anticipate whatever I might need programming wise. My first experience with Moto radios and I can say that I am impressed enough that it will not be my last.

K6WHP Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2010 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Drives nails too!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As an adjunct to my volunteer service in Civil Air Patrol, a couple of friends and I scored some of these radios -- the 48-channel variety -- that were being discarded by a local FD. As a bounty of the effort to lobotomize and bit-bang them for CAP, we got three thrown our way for private use.

At first I was skeptical but after my friend showed me the "A", "B", "C" switch and the other ins 'n outs, I fell in love with this little beast. It is probably the only HT I own -- with the exception of the myriad of HT-600s I revived -- that can drive nails and hold down the fort on two meters.

Lately, the 160-channel versions if this radio are beginning to appear on eBay along with chargers At sub-$200 prices which represents a decent price for a decent machine.

Hurry up and get one before the price goes down!

N9LCK Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2009 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Great solid monoband portable  Time owned: more than 12 months
After owning numerous amateur radio portables I was fortunate enough to acquire a used MT2000 A4 48ch VHF unit. Programming is almost as easy as the old MT1000 but the features are far better. It does everything that my old Icom handheld would, but in a rugged design that I don't have to worry about.

Unlike an amateur radio design the MT200 was built for the rigors of public service duty. The case is strong and rugged. The battery life with the ultra high-cap battery is better than expected with over 10 hours as net control operation. It has a full 5w output and a very tight front end.

The only draw-back is a lack of field programability. Since it's already FCC type accepted it can legally be used with volunteer fire or EMA frequencies.

If only any of my other radios were as tough.

T95MWP Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2004 20:53 Send this review to a friend
5,5  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have MT2000 Vhf A7 160 ch.This radio is the best ever made Motorola radio.RX/TX excellent plus all these bells and whistles you can program with proper RSS.Even you can put password future on in case someone steal your radio.

KC8SVS Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2002 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I acquired this radio via www.twowayshopper.com. It is magnificient! I love the features it has. Scan, 250 channels, etc. I gave it a 5 rating because I have had no trouble getting to a channel that I've needed, I've had no problems using it out of a car, and it performs much better than HT1250, HT1550, Pro7150, Pro9150, etc. I would recommend this to ANYONE, who has the high amount of money.....hey, it's a Motorola.