Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH-36 HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH-36 HT Antenna
Diamond SRH-36 HT Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 144/430 Mhz HT antenna with SMA connector

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH-36 HT Antenna.

PE2ER Rating: 2/5 Dec 18, 2003 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Used on TH-F7, improved performance on 70cm, whip broken off  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the SRH-36 on my TH-F7. Initially, there was poor contact between the center conductor and the socket. I solved this by removing some of the white insulation material inside the SMA plug on the antenna.

The performance on 70cm improved over the standard rubber duck, performance on 2m did not change notably.

However, after a few months of intensive use, the whip snapped off the base. At that time, I was carrying the radio on my belt, under my coat. Somehow, the whip must have been bent beyond its limits, despite being so flexible….

OE1EZA Rating: 3/5 Jul 24, 2003 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Lightweight and quite good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use it on my Yaesu FT50R. On 70 cm it is a little bit worse than the orig yaesu rubber stub. On 2 m it is abt the same. On air band monitoring (I also fly) better of course (length). Its weakness is its strength too, being VERY flexible it cannot get hurt in the bag, car trunk or let fallen. The only thing I miss is the rubber coating reaching deeper (like the orig) protecting more from rain...

LX3PR Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2002 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Electrically good, mechanically bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna for using it on a Yaesu VX-1R and a Kenwood TH-F7E.

It does not work at all on the TH-F7E because the SMA center connector of the antenna is located too deep so that it cannot reach its female counterpart.

It works very well on the VX-1R, but for my taste, the whip simply is too flexible (It is possible to make a knot into the whip without destroying it). The smallest breeze of wind bends the antenna a lot. Even when the radio stands on a flat surface, the antenna is inclined because it does not support its own weight.