Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Book Resellers | Manualman Help

Reviews Summary for Manualman
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3.00 - $60.00
Description: manual repros
More info: http://www.manualman.com

You can write your own review of the Manualman.

W3UZI Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2016 04:42 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a manual for my Heathkit HW-32A (20m transceiver). It came promptly in the mail well packed. It is the complete Heathkit manual with yellow cover as in the original, 67 pages well printed on good quality paper, with clear circuit diagrams on fold out sheets.
Will use again :)

NU0C Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2016 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Amazing quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

So I'm a computer guy and have been scanning stuff for years. I am very picky about my scans. Most of the manuals I scan I could not put on the internet because they would be too huge to download.

Having written that, Pete recently had a "fire sale" on old manuals from his files that did not meet his current quality standards. This was stuff he was going to throw away. The price was right so I ordered several to fill out my collection. I was expecting good quality, but I wasn't expecting GREAT quality. I was quite pleasantly surprised with what I received. Folks, if his throw-aways look like what I got I have no problem believing the glowing reviews posted here. I almost can't wait to have a need to order a current-gen product from him!

K4MT Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2015 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Best Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Heath SB-303 manual I received was the best third party manual I have seen. Hands down beats the competition. I would be no happier with an original Heath manual.

K1NLY Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Pete is great guy to do biz  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't tell you how many manuals I bought from Pete - pretty sure I paid for his summer home. What a great guy to do business with!

Bink, K1NLY

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2013 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently found a Kenwood TS-900 rig- naturally without docs.
The on-line resources were vary hard to read.
Pete had both the Service and Users manual. I found the quality to be excellent- detail easy to read.
Highly recommended. There is nothing like having a set of documentation to go along with the vintage gear.

Dale W4OP

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2013 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought 9 manuals from these guys over the last couple of years.

Every one of them was perfectly readable, with large fold-out schematics.

In some cases they were BETTER than original manuals I bought from other places, usually at highly inflated prices.

Highly recommended!

NV5E Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2013 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete has put a lot of work into these manuals. I received an assembly and operation manual for an HW-7 today and it exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a 3rd or 4th generation copy but this is pristine! I can't imagine an original manual that was put away for safe keeping and brought out today would look any better. It was well packed, wrapped with plastic, then in a manila folder, then in the envelope. Spiral bound too, so it lays flat. Highly recommended if you need a manual for any vintage rig or accessory.

N1KL Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Fast and Easy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered an Assembly and Operating Manual combination for a Heathkit SB-101, hoping the documents would be readable and in decent shape.

Upon receiving the manual, I found that it exceeded my expectations in terms of overall quality. It also had full fold-out schematics, all in a nicely bound and easy to use manual.

The order process off the user friendly web site was simple, and the materials arrived within a few days of my order. Well done ManualMan

K5UJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2010 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Above and beyond the Call  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a manual and schematic for an Eldico TR-1 vintage CW and AM transmitter. This is a fairly rare rig and I searched on-line for a pdf of the manual and schematic. I tried all of the usual sources. No Joy. The only source for the manual I could find was Pete, manualman.com. But his was listed as not including the schematic. Rats! Well, anything is better than nothing and I figured maybe the manual would at least tell me a few things. So I ordered the manual. Meanwhile, I managed to find a ham in the Northeastern U.S. who had owned a TR-1 back in the 50s, and he still had his manual and schematic! Understandably, he was hesitant to let go of the manual, but he did shoot a photo of the schematic so I had that as a .jpg file I could look at on my computer. What a guy!

It quickly became obvious why the schematic was not included with the manualman copy of the manual: In the old days, (i.e. 1949) schematics were often done as big "blueprints" and this one was about 3 or 4 feet wide and 2 or 3 feet high.

Well, Pete took the schematic .jpg and somehow got it onto an 11 x 17 sheet which he sent by separate enclosure and he charged _nothing_ for this extra service. How about that? Now THAT is service above and beyond the call of duty.

By the way, did I mention that the manual was an excellent reproduction, shipped quickly, and arrived in the rain, dry in a plastic envelope?

If you need a manual, this is your guy.

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2010 12:04 Send this review to a friend
High Quality, good Service  Time owned: months
I bought a somewhat rare Kenwood TS-900S recently and found only an owners manual thru Google.

Manual man offered the TS-900 Service Manual complete with schedmatics for the separate power supply which was not available anywhere.

The quality of the manual is exceptional, the price was very reasonable and service was great.

Greg