Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI Help

Reviews Summary for RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Amateur Radio Repair
More info: http://www.rtoham.com

You can write your own review of the RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI.

K5DJN Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2013 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Ron my SB-102 for repair and I couldn't be more satisfied with his quality of work. The rig works perfectly. Fairly priced for the work too. He is a busy man so it will take time for the repairs but it's worth the wait. When I'm on the air, folks can't believe that I'm talking on a old Heathkit, clean audio and dead on frequency. If you have a Heathkit that needs repair, he's your source.

WA0LSS Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Best of the Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
As I no longer have a shack with a bench I had to send rigs to RTO for upgrade/repair. I've sent three (3) rigs there; an SB-102, a SB-220, and a SA-2060A. Each was refurbished to better than new for exactly the quoted price. In 40 years of ham radio I've never had better service or more professional, skilled, repairs. If this guy ever retires we'll be mourning! 73 Ron,
Scott

AB3IY Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2012 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My heathkit SB-221 was in need of repair,the rectifier board smoked.I used to be able to repair these kind of things,but because of arthritis,i'ts very difficult these days to do any kind of soldering,or working with small parts.I called Ron on the phone,and he told me to ship it to him.I received the SB-221 back on time,better than ever.The communication,and the turnaround was great.Ron's prices are excellent,and so is his workmanship.So if your in need of electronic repair,you cannot go wrong with Ron's company.Truely a class act.

WB4LCN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2012 21:30 Send this review to a friend
SB-102 From a Real Heathkit Expert  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently bought an SB-102 from Ron. Though the on/off Function switch failed on me after a few times, I was able to get the switch back in working condition.

Ron made sure the rig was tweaked, cleaned and the paint was touched up. Couldn't have asked for a more professional transaction.

Dave :)

W4JFR Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service and Communication  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've sent Ron two SB-104As and an HW-104 for repair. In all three instances his communication has been outstanding. His costs are reasonable when one considers the outstanding quality of his work. I'm a very satisfied customer.

N7RUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2010 22:51 Send this review to a friend
sb-221  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my amp in for repairs and received my Amplifier back in Better then New Condition ! Ron installed a Soft Start, Soft Key and repaired the Blown Caps and replaced the Fan. The Price was Very Fair and I cant rave enough about these Guys....If your Old heathkit Amp is kicking the Bucket give RTO a Try you will not be sorry....N7RUE Chandler Arizona USA

KG4LLQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2010 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent my Heathkit HW-101 to Ron in early May 2010 & received it back from RTO on Aug 18th. The rig went down it would not receive or transmit. Ron fixed the problem, answered my operational questions, alligned, tuned and neatly packed the rig back to me which I received in "better than new" condition.
If anyone needs to have a Heathkit product repaired, THE MAN to take it to is Ron Oxley owner of RTO Electronics.
73, Ken - KG4LLQ

K1IZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2010 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Highest quality service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Ron my SB-303 and SB-401 for repair and realignment, and requested that he test them in transeive mode to make sure they worked as a pair. In no time at all, I had them back and hooked up. I made several contacts right away and asked for critical signal reports. They always came back excellent. Ron's prices are very resonable, and yes, you do sometimes have to wait a while as he works his way down the queue, but the end product that comes back makes it all worthwhile.

W4NRY Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2010 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Heathkit Refurbishment  Time owned: months
Ron did an excellent job refurbishing my HW-100 to its original condition. It works according to manual specifications and am pleased with the results. For anyone who has Heathkit equipment and wants it repaired, Ron is THE guy!!

W2PRJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2009 23:35 Send this review to a friend
nice to do business with  Time owned: more than 12 months
i july/august 08 sent my 401 transmitter and 301 receiver to rto,, the transmitter needed the null capicitor replaced and to be calibrated with the 301 receiver which had a few bad loose solder connections THE WORK WAS DONE WHEN HE SAID IT WOULD BE DONE!!ON TIME!! HE WAS HONEST/FAIR ABOUT HIS CHARGES FOR PARTS THE TRANSMITTER GETS OUT BETTER THAN NEW!!BETTER THAF FACTORY SPECS,, THE RECEIVE SOUNDS GREAT and i have purchased parts for my sb 200 amp since then always pleasure to do business with i can call just to ask advise on a heathkit I GIVE RON A 5 RATING BECAUSE HES A GOOD/HONEST PERSON TO DO BUSINESS WITH NEVER A PROBLEM GREAT PEOPLE AAAAA+++++