Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI Help

Reviews Summary for RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Amateur Radio Repair
More info: http://www.rtoham.com

You can write your own review of the RTO Electronics, Benton Harbor MI.

KC7MF Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2008 00:28 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my dads HW-101 in. It had not been used in a decade and would not work. As a tribute to him I wanted to use it now and again. Ron put it in tip-top shape and now it is working beautifully. He went the extra mile. The radio is clean and up to date. I had forgotten just how nice these old tube rigs sound. His price was more than fair and he did the work ahead of schedule even though he moved during the process. If you have a Heathkit that you want to be better than new send it to Ron. And oh by the way. He is a very nice person and a pleasure to speak with.

RLHUSNDC Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2008 21:35 Send this review to a friend
The King of Heathkit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Got the nostalgia bug and bought a SB 303 on eBay to start back to possibly Ham Radio as I am retiring. I sent it to Ron to have it looked over. Price was as quoted. The radio works VERY well. If you want your Heathkit product to work the way it was originally intended this is the guy you want.

K8ZPO Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2007 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I took my SB-200 to Ron and he fixed it and really made it look nice. Took the extra time to really clean it up. I live near by and got to spend a little time and he was willing to answer
all my questions about my amp. Cost was just as quoted.
Joel K8ZPO

K5FNG Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2007 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sent Ron my SB-101 transceiver that was not much more than a glorified night light. The tubes and lamps powered up but that was it. A few weeks later I got an excellent working radio returned to me that performs flawlessly. Ron replaced several reisistors, caps, the mode switch, and the LMO (yikes). He also performed several upgrades. Now she works great and I am very pleased. A lot of work for an ole Heath, but I had one of these back in 1974 and I wanted another one. Good clean ones are hard to find. Overall satisfaction with Ron's work is a 5+. Great.

W3MR Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2007 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Good job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent a SB-200 for repair to Ron and he had it back in working order when he said he would.

N3MVF Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repair and sale  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First, I sent an HW-101 to Ron to be repaired. It was done way ahead of schedule and worked fantastic when I received it.
Second, I bought a used SB-200 from him a few weeks later and again, the amplifier is top working order. Works great with the HW-101.
When I get some time, I want to put an SB 101 in the mail to get it aligned from Ron. Highly recommended.
Greg
N3MVF

K4WQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2003 00:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Ron an SB-101 I got from an eBay auction. I really wasn't in a hurry for it but it did take close to 2 months to get it back. However, Ron did a great job. Included with the well-packed rig, Ron included a detailed description of the work performed and the parts required. Several of the parts were labeled "update". So, I felt that Ron did a good job replacing old, obsolete parts with recent ones. The rig worked perfectly when I received it. Recommend highly for any Heath SB, HW series amateur radio gear that may need a good overhaul.

NZ0T Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2003 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had an HW-5400 given to me that had problems beyond my limited ability to repair. I sent it to Ron at RTO and they did a great job. It works great and I'm having a blast with it. RTO turned the rig around in good time, answered all my questions quickly and packed it very well for the return trip. I highly recommend RTO!

KF4ZEO Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2002 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Fixed my HW101 quickly and expertly. Shipped it back to me well-packed too!

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2002 23:54 Send this review to a friend
Very good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Repaired an HW-8 which needed lots of work. Made some mods I was unaware of. Very happy with the result. Recommended for all Heathkits