Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 1412G Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 1412G
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$286
Description: 2 meter power amplifier, 25w in/160w out, with integrated GaAsFET receiving preamplifier and RF sensed T/R switching

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 1412G.

W1DVZ Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2013 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Best 2m option  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used this unit trunk mounted for 5+ years. Mounted a muffin fan on top, but only plug it in for when I know I will be on an extended QSO,or during the summer months.

Re-wired to industry-standard PowerPole connectors.

Output in excess of 200 watts driven with Icom ID-880H.

Planning to add a TE Systems 440 amp alongside this one, and feed both with dual duplexers. Dave very helpful in discussing that set-up in lieu of passing 70cm RF through the 1412G.

Given its flawless performance under high workload conditions, I don't think anything else comes close.

Recommended.

W8MPX Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2011 20:57 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I HOOK THIS AMP TO MY FTM-350/AR YAESU RIG AND MATCH VERY GOOD. I CALL FOR A REPORT ON 2 METER AND EVERYONE SAID IT SOUND VERY NICE AND CLEAR AND THE MODULATION SOUND VERY CLEAR,THEY SAID I HIT THE TARGET WITH THIS AMP. THE PRE-AMP WORKS VERY GOOD I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS AMP.OK 73'FROM W8MPX

KC0QME Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Better then most  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I have had a chance to compare TE,Mirage and RF Concepts. Mirage and RF Concepts have a bigger heat sink, TE and RF Concepts are better built then Mirage. The pre amp on the TE is wonderful despite what some may think and the RF concepts is just as good with a little more noise. Mirage and TE are still being built but Kantronics sold RF Concepts amps so there no longer being built. So IMHO TE is the best amp in production at this time. With 50 watts in this amp will produce 225 watts PEP on FM and SSB, thats with bigger gage wire, factory wiring is too small.This amp is all AB biased so you wont have to worry about the amp being non linear like the Mirage. You will need a fan to keep the amp cool. I usually just run 75-100 watts and that seems to be enough on 2 meter simplex. When you order just make sure you harass Dave enough to get a tracking #. I harassed him for 4 days and never got one???? Maybe he was busy?????? Who knows but the amp is the best on the market so I guess I can over look a minor detail such as this lol. SO if it had a fan and bigger wiring then it would be the perfect amp for 2 meters but I wont complain I can do all the stuff myself.............73

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2007 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Good Amp andm Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got one of these of Flea Bay for a resaonable price, it worked fine, pre-amp was nothing to write home about, but the amp did as it was supposed to, 160 + watts out for about 35 watts drive, ran it mobile and had a whale of a signal,

Used it a few years and sold it for what I paid for it, it's a good value.

KE6MNG Rating: 4/5 May 8, 2006 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Brand New  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings

Just received & installed my 1412G.....Im upgrading just a bit from a Mirage B5018G (50in 160out)....I wanted a few more watts w/ less drive.....Just a few things Ive observed that make me give this amp less than 5.....The standard Jones plug has very small gauge wiring (looks like 16) vs the Mirage 10ga & also the manual is not as information packed regarding installation as the Mirage manual......I subsequently made my own new Jones connector using 10ga wiring as the wiring from vehicles Optima Yellow top is 8ga.....Seemed like using 8ga into 16ga was going to reduce my voltage input........Overall, Im pleased w/ the amp & would recommend it to any Ham....There are not alot of choices when it comes to 2M amps & apprectiate that a company like TE Systems is available....73's.........Joe

KB3MMX Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2006 20:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent amp!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I modded mine to pass 70 Cm with help from TE Systems tech support. Very easy to do.
I am very impressed, very solid 190 watts out wit 5W in o a diamond SX400 meter.
Upping to 10W in gets me about 200 out. Not much more to gain. I haven't tried maxing out the tuning inside as the instructions tell you how to do.
All in all, It's very well constructed and performs flawlessly.
Two Thumbs up for TE Systems!!
Great Product!!

W4RCL Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2005 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my 1412G the other day, packaging was good to prevent damage, quality construction, and a solid performer. I have used Mirage products in the past (before MFJ) and I must say that TE System amps are great compared to what else is on the market today.

25 watts of drive from the Yaesu FT-847 produced 150 watts output on FM with 20 amp draw.

Very nice!

contact Dave at TE Systems 310.478.0591

N1WBD Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2005 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Very nice amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just recieved my TE Systems amp I'm a first time buyer and I must say I'm impressed with the quality of the construction my previous 2m amp was a Mirage B3016G and the the quality of construction and performance of the TE 1412g blew the Mirage out of the water. I highly recommend this amp.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2004 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't be happier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I only use T.E Systems amps, can't beat them, this is my 3rd amp from T.E. Systems. I bought my 1412g from another hammer and sent it to the T.E. people (Dave)and as always they do an excellent job in pumping up the amp better then new, on an average 45-55++ watts more than new.
These amps take a licking and keeps on ticking
Try one i do recommend them, they are well worth it.
73de
w3nrl

K4MSG Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2004 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Superb, a Best Buy for sure!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the second 1412 I've owned. The first one was purchased in the mid 1990s and was a good amp although transceiver power output limitations (about 22 watts) limited the amplifier output to about 140 watts. But the 1412 was reliable and the preamp helped the receive side a bit although I did feel that the owner's manual left a little to be desired. But I was still sorry after I sold it three years ago - until now!!!

The new 1412G is superb! The GaAsFET preamp is the best in-shack 2-meter preamp I've ever used and really peps up the IC-706MkIIG on 2-meter receive. With the 706 power output set to "HIGH" the 1412G provides a solid 200 watts output (as measured on a Bird 43 wattmeter). One of the nice things about this combo is that I can easily drop power to any desired level using the 706 variable power output function (I made up a chart to relate 706 power setting to 1412G output).

The manual for the new 1412G is very well-written and has an excellent layout, and even provides instructions on how to "tweak" the input and output of the amp for best performance.

At a current price (late 2004) of $286, this has got to be just about the best buy in a 160-200 watt amplifier class for 2 meters.