Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Super Morse Help

Reviews Summary for Super Morse
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $shareware
Description: Super Morse is the original comprehensive Morse Code training program for the PC. Super Morse permits the user to learn the Morse characters in a very orderly way using several different methods, including one unique to Super Morse; build speed with special exercises; enhance existing operating skills with even advanced exercises; measure progress with a testing feature; and even operate via radio or telephone modem. Super Morse permits the user to change speeds and other parameters on the fly, use standard spacing or Farnsworth methods, and insert interference to simulate an actual radio contact.

The author is Lee Murrah, WD5CID, 169 Bassett Pl., Bloomfield, MI 48301.

More info: http://www.murrah.com/sm/

You can write your own review of the Super Morse.

KC5BKS Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Excelent product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this software when preparing for my technician license back in 1993--it was GREAT! This product was PERFECT for me--simple to operate, few bells and whistles. The code was generated, then I tapped the correct keyboard character. If I was wrong, it sent the character again. I loved it! 30 minutes a day allowed me to learn code and pass the 5wpm for my novice license.

Are there plans to update it for the current windows platform? Or, better yet, when will it be converted to an App for android and iphone?

If we want more hams in the hobby, then we need to make learning code (and electronic theory) easily accessible. This program did that for me. My thanks to Lee Murrah!! You are wonderful!!

WB6SSW Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2005 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Great simple CW trainer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this software for well over 10 years, to brush up on my CW after being off the air, to improve my copy speed and sometimes just to copy CW for the fun of it while watching TV. The beauty of Lee's program is its simplicity. He's written a very intuitive program that doesn't require any instructions. And,it runs on DOS or Windows (up to at least Win98, don't know about 2000, ME etc.) and takes up almost no disk space (you can run it off of a floppy!) so its a perfect use of that old PC you haven't fired up in ten years.

W6EZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2005 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me, my wife and others  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a great program!
I used it to get through my 20wpm test, my wife was buzzing along at 16+ when they changed the rule to 5wpm so that test was a breeze.
A friend of mine went from nothing to pass his 13 wpm test in 8 weeks!
I still keep a copy on the computer just to play around with.

KC8SBV Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2002 11:13 Send this review to a friend
You could only pry it from my cold dead fingers  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Super Morse has got me to the 5 wpm level. I have looked at others, but if the menus didn't make sense within 5 minutes, it was back to SM. The menus are straight forward, don't have to read the DOC. When you practice characters, you work until it tells you have mastered them. This need not be true, but gives you something to shoot for. Just come back later and do it again.

I am hooked, it works for me, it got me so I can copy ARRL slow code on 14.050 mhz.

I run it off a floppy at work using sound blaster option into headphones at lunchtime, no one the wiser.

My only detractions are these:
1. Old, still gives test for Novice, and uses older ARRL groups with more prosigns than being used in current code exam.
2. Setting up a custom list of characters to practice, when invoked would crash the program. My work around was to master on Run first, then it would work.

Also it would be nice to practice the exams at higher then test required speed.