Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | KDK FM-240 Help

Reviews Summary for KDK FM-240
KDK FM-240 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $350.00
Description: 45W 2 meter FM mobile transceiver -- the last KDK sold in the USA

You can write your own review of the KDK FM-240.

KD8DHZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2006 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well worth the $70 i paid for it. I would recommend to anyone who needs a less expensive VHF rig.

MW0HRD Rating: 4/5 Jan 6, 2005 15:13 Send this review to a friend
good cheap fm radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
im not really a vhf operator but when i got a job as a night security officer i decided to get a 2m radio for work i had never heard of the KDK FM-240 but i told my friend i was looking for a vhf radio he said he had one for sale. I baught the radio for 15 it works extreamly well I dont think you could better it for even 50. If you see one of these radios for sale and it works buy it you won't go far wrong. Its got 16 memory's CTCSS 1750KHz tone repeater shift covers from about 143.000 to 150.000 MHz tx &rx 12.50 or 25 KHz steps etc. Not sure about the 45w power thogh mine does about 25w
Chris

WV4R Rating: 4/5 Jun 2, 2004 20:47 Send this review to a friend
Whatever happened to "KDK"...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just logged onto Eham.net and saw a "KDK" review... so... I just Had to make the trip down Memory Lane.
I fondly remember my two KDK's from the 1980's. I remember why I bot them... Features and Benefits and Competitive pricing. I always liked the sound of the FM receivers. They were sensitive as well... did I say good looking too? They were in the era of the Azden FM radios as well... the Azdens ran to the beat of a different drummer... very complicated to program... but then that is yet another story... I would have to rate the KDK radios as FOUR Star for Features, benefits and price. 73 es God bless, murf/wv4r.

KI4BSL Rating: 4/5 Jun 2, 2004 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Good for its age  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am still fairly new to ham radio, and I am by no means an expert on radios. However, for its age, I am impressed by the quality of this rig. It still has the basic features that you might need. (Touch tone pad, and PL tones.) Also, it is fairly simple in its controls and is easy to operate. I got this radio from a friend and no manual was included, but I found that most of the controls and functions are pretty well marked and easy to figure out. This isn't the most high-tech rig around, but I definately would recommend it to anyone who needs a sturdy, straight-forward radio.

KC0QME Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2004 20:23 Send this review to a friend