Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Antique Electronic Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Antique Electronic Supply
Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Parts for vacuum tube equipment, new production and NOS (New Old Stock).
More info: http://www.tubesandmore.com

You can write your own review of the Antique Electronic Supply.

KD0JRG Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Good service and products  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have sent in two orders recently. Fulfillment was quick and accurate, packing was good, and the products were surprisingly good. This company certainly has many offerings for the vintage electronic crowd.

W2DDG Rating: 0/5 Apr 16, 2010 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Really slipping  Time owned: months
I have ordered from them many times through the years with no problems. Recently they have been sending me used tubes priced as new, mislabelled tubes, the wrong tubes, etc. It would seem as if they could care less about customer service, also. I don't think they want to deal with radio guys now, they shifted to amps and guitars. I have written them off from this point forward. There are a lot more options, for less cash, on the net. They were good in their day, but times change. Voting with my feet.

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2010 18:44 Send this review to a friend
These people are the best!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been buying parts and radios and equipment from AES since 1992. Why? Selection, quality, price and location! The personnel are very helpful and the prices are usually the best! Go with AES and you won't be sorry!! (This review applies to the Orlando location. I haven't dealt directly with AES' other stores!)

W8AAZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2009 20:13 Send this review to a friend
IF they got it, get it!  Time owned: months
I have had good success ordering NOS tubes and filter caps on purchase orders for repairing old test eqt. at work. Asked for matched brands etc. and no problem. Good service for my home stuff too whenever needed. Starting to lean towards guitar amps and away from old radios parts somewhat it seems. Well I guess the NOS parts are getting extinct and the tube musicians represent a lucrative niche market as compared to cheapskate old hams who buy tubes by the shoebox, untested!

AE5EH Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2008 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Have always done well by me.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Long before I decided to take up ham radio as a hobby, I've ordered lot of tubes from them and others. Mostly pentode power & triode hi-mu types I use in HI FI audio amp & musical instrument amp restorations, general repairs, and "from scratch" design projects. They also have had lots of hard to find piece parts for these projects, and good cheap (cheap for normal people, not typical ham radio-want-it-for-nothing-cheap), plentiful misc parts like carbon & wire wound resistors, electrolytic & polyester caps, HV power supply xfmrs etc.

For as cheap as they sell their tubes, I think they do okay. For one, it can be a pain in the a** to run a real burn-in stress test on any tube even with the correct test equipment. Takes time & time is money. Most of what I buy in new tubes are Svetlana & Sovtek. I find these Russian tubes to ususally be pretty consistant and decent performers overall. I test my own tubes in the circuits they will be working in. A circuit that duplicates the real environment they will be functioning in is the only way to test just about any tube as far as I'm concerned. Using some bargain basement tube tester from the 60's that used to be used in the local drug store back in gramps day doesn't cut it.

Anyway, if it was my outfit. I'd be very hesitant to sell to hams period after reading about all the whiney nitpicking, and wanting something for nothing reviews.

I like'em, and they will probably always get my business.

They are "Great" in my book.

"5" means great, not perfect.

Terry-AE5EH

W4PTO Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2004 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Good shop  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used "the other" AES for over 10 years and have been satisfied over the long haul. I restored several boatanchor radios using their products and they have been most helpful. I highly recommend them.

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2004 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
All of my dealings with these people have been positive. Their website is easy to navigate and use.

KB0KOQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2002 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Good products  Time owned: months
Antique Electronic Supply impressed me for carrying the parts I needed and contacting me promptly by phone to get my OKAY on a 2 week backorder part. They shipped real quick. -Bruce

RobertKoernerExAE7G Rating: 2/5 Apr 18, 2002 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Could be much better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Unless they have changed ownership recently, again, prices are high, and customer service can be CRANKY!

I've received used tubes as NOS, dead tubes, tubes that have weak output in a tester and in the actual circuit, NOS 5932 and 5692s with the plastic center pin missing.

Of course, I've also received real NOS tubes that had full output.

I sent back 20% of the tubes in the last batch of tubes I ordered from them, about 1.5 years ago.

Plus, when I ordered the tubes, I indicated they had my tax number on file. They charged me sales tax any way. They said since I hadn't ordered anything from them in 3 years, my tax number was no longer on file (they couldn't be bothered to send me email to let me know they needed the number again).

There are other tube dealers in the USA, UK, and Eu that will give you much better service.

WA1RAJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2002 17:59 Send this review to a friend
A great source for older equipment parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've bought many things from these folks in the past, and have always found them to be helpful, fast, and quite nice to deal with. If you restore older radios and equipment, or have a tube type guitar amplifier that needs work, chances are these folks have the parts. Truly a wonderful resource. There's a great on-line catalog on the website as well - worth a look.