Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | SSB Electronic USA AS-3000, AS-304, AS-204 Help

Reviews Summary for SSB Electronic USA AS-3000, AS-304, AS-204
SSB Electronic USA AS-3000, AS-304, AS-204 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $180.00, 169.95, 269.95 respectiv
Description: Mast-mounted antenna switches (AS-3000 and AS-304 without antenna selector), AS-204 with antenna selector
More info: http://www.ssbusa.com/switches.html

You can write your own review of the SSB Electronic USA AS-3000, AS-304, AS-204.

K1HC Rating: 3/5 Dec 7, 2016 08:59 Send this review to a friend
AS-3000  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This seems to be a well-made switch, but I had two comments on it. First, it has a (difficult to solder) four-pin DIN connection for power. A simpler two-conductor connection is really what is needed (e.g., SO-239 or Cinch-Jones)? Secondly, for the price, it should come with an actual switch. The buyer has to come up with a switch to activate the 12V power.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2016 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Best There Is Remote Antenna Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the ACN 2004 160-6 meters. This unit costs about double or more than the competing brand that usually comes as a kit and fails. The SSB Electronic remote switch took me by surprise when i opened the box. It is rare to find anything of this quality. Fit and finish is like Apple built it. In short it is built like a tank with the highest quality parts. My first days use, i was getting 'blinking lights" I called Jerry at SSB at 8pm at night. He had me go thru the diagnostics, and proved the unit was perfect. There was a short in my feedline.
He patiently spent over 1.5 hours with me to trouble shoot the cause....a faulty barrel connector. Additionally, he made me a power cord and shipped it AT NO COST ! I was not able to do this myself as my soldering kit and supplies were packed away and being shipped from another state. I let him know this, and he said "lets get you up and going" and made me one to plug in and get on the air right away !

This is the very best customer service I have ever received, EVER, for anything including my Apple products. In short , the unit continues to perform without a glitch, It gives a fine feel of quality, and I am glad I spent the extra money for this unit. In this case, you get more than you pay for. THANK YOU JERRY ! THANK YOU SSB !

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2013 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of these units for many years (the older versions with the turning knob, not the push-buttons version). I use them to select my 160m RX-antennas. One in the shack, the other outside. Works UFB. And no need for an extra steering cable (which kinda justifies the extra price of these units).

Had an issue though with 1 of them where relais 1 was oscilating when seleting antenna 2 or 4. Replace one of the elco's and has been working UFB since. Despite the elco issue, I'll still rate it a 5 (old stuff does break down sometimes) since it's easy repairable.

Get one if you can get your hands on one.

N8DXB Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2012 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Remote Antenna Switch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this AS-304 switch a few months ago for my tower project after. And after many months of research, I purchased this quality remote switch for the 2-meter and 6-meter antennas.
I can say that the quality and performance is top notch. I installed this because I have a 225 foot feedline run between the tower and radios, and four lengths of high quality coax would of cost as much as the tower.
The end result is, I noticed no power loss or a increase in SWR with this relay box at the top of the tower. I would highly recomend it. 73

OZ1LLY Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use 1 HF 1KW and 1 VHF/UHF 300W

No problems at all.

KR4K Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2005 02:34 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have AS-204 with type-N. Use to switch HF, 6m, and 2m antennas. Easiest switch to use. Connect and go. Well constructed. All control is via coax. Saved lots of money running extra control wires requiring extra lightning protection. Can recommend this switch to everyone.

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2002 01:22 Send this review to a friend
Great way switching antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few months ago I installed the AC-204 switch. This model has 4 positions, uses DC via a biasT so no extra power line is needed. In the shack the DC power feeds into the remote controller and is transported over the coax line, great ! No wires, easy to install.

In the tower there's a mast mounted, waterproof housing with one input and 4 outputs. I took the N-connector model for switching up to 440 Mhz.

Their's a model for 1200 and 2400 mhz to.
The decive takes up to 1,5 Kw on HF to 54 mhz, up to 800 watts on 144 and 600 watts on 440 Mhz.

The remote controle has 4 led indicators and when powered off, the ant 1 is selected, all others connected to ground.

For a nice price around 225 us dollar this is a great piece of hardware, makes it easy to install and a great investement in your station. Thanks to this device I now have two more coaxes to spare for future antenna works and flexability !

Nicely build, good performing, low insert loss, I rate it 5