Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | FDK Multi700EX Help

Reviews Summary for FDK Multi700EX
FDK Multi700EX Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2m FM mobile transceiver

You can write your own review of the FDK Multi700EX.

PE1IBR Rating: 4/5 Jun 17, 2005 07:05 Send this review to a friend
much fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
still operational after 15 years, 5kHz steps a little difficult to sweep.
frequeny used mobile
modified the plug on the rear to 15pin db type
frequently used in the early years of packet in the netherlands

had many fun with this transceiver

G8IKW Rating: 4/5 Jun 24, 2004 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Bullet-proof work horse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this rig from new... until recently it has been in the loft in storage for years, it served well as a ham mobile, with healthy 25w o/p. Variable power useful for transverters etc.
12.5khz channel spacing selectable, thoughtful for such an early rig. Big by modern standards and no fancy stuff.
2 extra programmable channels (diode matrix) and 2 xtal channels (strange).
This radio served for years as a ham radio, then years as a 'pit to car radio' in my racing car! where it got bashed about, never missed a beat.
It is now working as a ham radio again as I have renewed my interest..and still working well...
What more can I say

M0CUS Rating: 3/5 Sep 9, 2002 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Cheap & Cheerful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned an FDK 700EX for about 10 years. It is a straight forward channelised 2m fm mobile. No bells or whistles very basic but built like a tank and it has a decent 25watt output. I have used it daily in my works vehicle and it now looks like a piece of junk covered in rust and scratches but it still works fine with no problems. Its perfect for everyday 2m rag chewing and repeater qso's. They are very cheap and look dated so it is unlikly to get stolen.The best 25 pounds I have spent.