Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC120XLT Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC120XLT
Uniden BC120XLT Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Uniden Bearcat Hand-Held Scanner, 100 Channels, Twin Turbo scan & Search, 11 Band coverage with Air Band, 29-512 MHz coverage, 10 Priority Channels, more.
More info: http://www.uniden.com/product.cfm?product=BC120XLT

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC120XLT.

WB6TNB Rating: 4/5 May 13, 2013 14:27 Send this review to a friend
A mixed bag  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would rate this 3.5/5 if I could. Mine was my late wife's. It was new and the last item at a medium wave DX club convention auction in 1997. I paid $33.00 for it. I think everyone else was out of money!

In general it is very sensitive, especially so in the aviation band, and selective. But it has three flaws that my numerous other scanners don't: battery, squelch tail and dual conversion.

It's a pain to swap out the battery pack when it dies. When fully closed the squelch tail is way too long for my liking. The dual conversion causes some problems with images.

I'm used to triple conversion scanners with short squelch tails that run on AA's. I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons and use it occasionally.

DI7 Rating: 4/5 Jan 24, 2003 00:51 Send this review to a friend
fastest scanner yet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this scanner is a typical uniden. It has search-which is ultra fast, Has a well backlit screen,and is very easy to use. I only use this scanner for the airband, for other bands I use better equipment but I am very dissapointed with the audio output of the radio, the radio doesnot go loud enough!. I hooked it up to an extension speaker and it still was distorting at low volume, which makes me think it is to do with the amplifier.However I have bought some cheap amplified computer speakers and hooked them up to the extension speaker jack, using the volume control on the speakers to adjust the volume and there is no distortion now but nice clean audio.
Your thinking to yourself this is a portable scanner, how are you going to power the amplified speakers?. Well i am using the scanner at home, that is why I am using the amplified speakers. This scanner however would not be suitable for the car or on the belt because it has far too low audio output-(typical Uniden) 73s

KC0JEX Rating: 4/5 Apr 25, 2002 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I received this radio off eBay for around $80 - totally worth the money. Very fast scan and search. Only disadvantages is no 800 MHz or CTCSS, otherwise a great radio for traveling. Also has a service scan feature - great for traveling. With this features, all you do is push 'SVC', and you can cycle through Police, Fire/EMG, Marine, or Air band and it searches every frequency for those services - very useful!