Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | VA3TO ILink interface Help

Reviews Summary for VA3TO ILink interface
VA3TO ILink interface Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $50.0
Description: Sound card to radio Ilink interface
More info: http://www.ilinkca.com/

You can write your own review of the VA3TO ILink interface.

N7UIC Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2008 22:42 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for 4 years now. I really like the DTMF decode and timeout features. I also like the proto area as I have used it and abused it for so many different projects. I have modified mine for use on a repeater controller by having the PTT go high instead of pulling to ground to mimic the COS of a radio. I also built mine from kit form and recall not having any issues with the instructions or missing parts. All around good product.

KI6DMM Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2007 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
From work in echolink to eqso, from rtty to complicated olivia mode..
This interface in absolute and completely transparent.. everybody can handle and work flawless!!
Very, very happy!!!

K4DMU Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2005 18:17 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent Product !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
VA3TO's ILINK Interface has been a great performer in my EchoLink remote link system. It has been operating flawlessly since I added it to the system almost one year ago. Due to lack of time, I purchased the board already assembled, but with the assembly information provided, anyone who can solder can produce an exceptional interface in a short time. The documentation is clear and very readable and can answer all but the most profound questions about connection, operation and troubleshooting the device.

Three things may have helped me to have a successful experience with this product.
First, I installed the board in an enclosed metal chassis. Second, I used shielded wire for all audio connections. And third, I placed a clamp on torroid (available from Radio Shack and other electronic parts suppliers) on the interface end of the power cable. I located the interface about a foot away from power supply transformers and the computer (a dandy noise generator). It sounds and works great! (Metal enclosures made specificaly for the interface are now available from VA3TO.)

I would highly recommend this device to anyone needing a full featured interface for Amateur VOIP linking.

AD5JN Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2004 13:52 Send this review to a friend
Great kit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have built two of these boards. Both have worked great. No problems!

EI5HW Rating: 4/5 Nov 9, 2004 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this interface for a few weeks now and overall I have to say I am very happy with it. If you are asking me to wear my 'ultra critical' hat for this review I would have to admit that the interface (it is located right beside the radio) does pick up a very faint whine on transmission when the rig is in TX mode. I have narrowed this down to the fan in the rig. Perhaps if I move them apart more this might go away, but as I said, this is me being ULTRA critical.

All said, YES ! , I do like this interface..ALOT and I would recommend it too !!!. I cannot see myself buying a different one, happy with this PERIOD !

Aidan EI5HW.
Sysop for EI2AIR-L

VE3SWF Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2004 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a few troubles at first getting it working, but with the help of Hugh and an elmer friend of mine I managed to get it working with my HTX-202 (I am not too electronically inclined). I have it working now with Packet, EchoLink, APRS, and SSTV. I am hoping to try PSK31 in the future.

I had some trouble recieving APRS packets at first, but I discovered that this was because I had an indoor antenna which was picking up noise from my computer. Once I moved it outside, it worked like a charm. Thanks Hugh!

VE2AIE Rating: 1/5 Jan 22, 2004 18:09 Send this review to a friend
RF Sensibility  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I really dont like this interface. The audio sound like in a telephone (high pitch) and the interface is really sensible to rf. I had a Rascal and was using it with Echolink on a local repeater and this one was lot less sensible to RF. Will sell this interface to buy again a Rascal!

W5BIV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2002 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Great integration  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the board installed for about a week on a 440 MHz link and it has performed flawlessly. It integrates very nicely with the computer and Echolink software. They even included the parts for the digital modes at no additional cost. This is the most fun I've had with ham radio since my DXing days. Highly recommended!

VE3OZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2002 19:50 Send this review to a friend
An excellent choice for iLINK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using the v2.0 iLINK board since February 2002 and found it to be an excellent choice for my computer-to-radio needs. Not only has the board worked flawlessly when used with both iLINK and EchoLink software, with a simple modification, the board has served as a great SSTV interface. The five status LED's and second control relay are a real plus when determining operation configuration of the unit. After sale support is also excellent.

KD5RWI Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2002 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Well designed board  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This interface is easy to build. It took me less than two hours to complete the kit. The parts layout is good. All required parts were neatly shipped. It have a area on the board for prototyping. Build this board and download the ilink software and your ready to go!
KD5RWI