Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | TRX-Manager Help

Reviews Summary for TRX-Manager
TRX-Manager Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $70
Description: TRX-manager supports almost all the functions of Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom... <br> Transceivers fully integrated in a comprehensive package for Radio Amateurs. <br> TRX-Manager implements all these functions in conjunction with very fast <br> monitoring and easier, more effective SW Listening, DX Spotting, Logging, Award <br> tracking, Satellite, Rotator control and much more... In addition it can even <br> operate simultaneously with several other programs including PDA's LOGic 5 <br> logging program. A control of a remote HF station by packet or a LAN is also <br> provided along with many other original features...
More info: http://www.trx-manager.com/

You can write your own review of the TRX-Manager.

KC9EJG Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
The support for this software is very good. They bind over backwards to help one out. Based on use with others it rates at the top of the list.

K9SO Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2013 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Big learning curve but worth it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been a HRD user for many years now and operate remotely when away from home and via LAN exclusively when home. I looked at this program several years ago and had the same initial impression as one of the reviewers who made the "visual basic" comment. I stayed on with HRD.
Recently, I've been having some strange issues with the new HRD release and the HRD DX spot server so I thought I'd download the evaluation version.
First, this program is very complex. To learn it, you need to spend some quality time with it. Maybe a lot of time since much of it is not very intuitive. But having spent that time, I'm glad I did.
I haven't figured out why, but the program is faster than HRD. The power meter and S meter operate almost real time. When operating split, it shows the TX frequency almost immediately... unlike HRD. The slide dial doesn't stall like HRD does while polling other functions. The only stall I've noticed in anything is during the short time the DX spots are downloading.In short, the experience is actually real time.
The DX Bar feature takes the DX spots and graphically arranges them. What a nice feature. The huge number of Macro buttons is incredible when operating remote control. Virtual com ports for serial server operation. Separate on/off Macro commands on the same button and Laurent even customized the program for me when I had even a simple question. Band scope, rotator and amplifier control and everything.
I recommend this program. Give it some time.

KJ6YVT Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2012 12:01 Send this review to a friend
It Provides Much Functionality For Station Operation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

After familiarizing myself with TRX-Manager for about a month, I find it enhances station operation considerably. I can't imagine having to go back to manual operation. :-)

Those who gave it a low rating don't appear to have given TRX-Manager a fair evaluation. It requires considerable hardware configuration and testing before it is fully functional. Running the demo for a few minutes is not a fair test.

TRX-Manager integrates well with my hardware providing functionality beyond that obtainable through manual operation.

My system:

Windows 7 (64) Professional
TRX-Manager Version 4.6.70 - CD
iCOM IC-7800 (COM8, USB to RS-232 adapter)
Alpha 87A and Digital Antenna Selector (in series on COM9)
LP-100A Digital Wattmeter (COM10)

The programs is under active development, and the author is very responsive to support questions and improvement suggestions. The price of the program is cheap for that kind of support.

TRX-Manager is a very professionally written (and apparently bug free) application that provides much useful functionality for radio amateurs. I am very pleased.

Highly recommended.

IW7CDL Rating: 1/5 Dec 31, 2011 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Not worth the 79$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A very poor software which looks like a compilation of different pieces of software than a single software.
Now days HAM Radio firms are used to provide the software with the equipment so the 79$ for this software are too much for the features provided.
Graphic User Interface is very basic, I mean Old Fashion Visual Basic Style.
The monitoring window cannot be re-sized and on a high resolution monitor it is very small
The demo last after 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes claimed on the website.
Embedded Web Cluster isn't working properly.
In a single sentence: Not worth the 79$

W3ULS Rating: 2/5 Dec 27, 2011 09:39 Send this review to a friend
No Sale  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
From my perspective, TRX-Manager is a "no sale."

The demo is set up to expire each day after 30 minutes which, given the software's lack of intuitive GUI design (HRD is way better in this regard),is inadequate. I own an Icom IC-7600, and it appears that a number of the transceiver's multiple functions are not included, but there's no way to be definitive about this because the demo expires so quickly.

I'm not going to lay out nearly 100 clams without first knowing what I'm getting. From my brief exposure, I'd have to say HRD is superior--and it's free. Simple as that.

KB7Q Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2011 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Workd exceptionally well for me.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using TRX-Manager version 4.57 to control an Elecraft K3 transceiver remotely via the Internet. I had used HRD, but TRX-Manager providers a much deeper command-set implementation for the K3. Taking the time to understand the features available in the three windows (monitor - levels - TRX-Command) is the key to wringing the most out of this program.

This version of TRX-Manager presents a completely functioning "front face" of the radio on my computer.

TRX-Manager has allowed me to have big time radio fun over 1,000 miles from the home station.

K0IZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2010 16:38 Send this review to a friend
I like it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using TRX Manager 4.5 for several weeks, with my Elecraft K3. No software is perfect, but TRX Manager comes close. Setup no problem, very customized to the K3, which I like. HRD is good, but doesn't come close in ability to control the many features of the K3. TRX Manager has buttons to control the K3 almost as well as siting in front of the radio.

Good forum support for questions.

KB9BPF Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2008 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased TRX-Manager based upon N8LP's experiences and recommendations regarding remote control operation, and I am very pleased. Like any powerful and feature-rich software, there is a bit of a learning curve when attempting to perform advanced tasks like setting up master/slave remote control, but the documentation is well written and well translated. Configuration procedures are easy to follow and finding answers to questions was reasonably easy.

Actual on-air use is intuitive. One of my first impressions was how nice it was to have so many different ways to tune the rig. Whether I want to quickly sweep the band or carefully tune, no matter what mode I am in there is a tuning method which fits the task. (The mouse scroll bar is what I find myself using most.) Even running remote over an internet link shared with streaming audio (Skype) response is so fast it's almost like being right there at the radio. In fact, when I'm in my shack operating the radio locally, I find myself opening the local installation of TRX-Manager and running the radio with it because it's so convenient.

One of my favorite features is TRX-Manager's support of N8LP's LP-100 Wattmeter. This combination is made in heaven for remote HF operation. On RX, TRX-Manager displays S-meter readings (if your radio's computer interface supports it) and on TX it displays the forward power and SWR readings reported by the LP-100 at the remote station.

I am looking forward to installing my EA4TX ARS-Win antenna rotor interface and setting it up for use with TRX-manager so that I will have remote control of my rotator as well.

Brad KB9BPF

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Best CAT software!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using TRX-Mganager for about 2 years with an IC-756PROII and an IC-910H. No shack is complete without this software. It has multiple windows. I normally display 4 of the TRX-Manager windows in my setup. 1.) The Radio Monitor screen, where all functions of the radio are available within a mouse click, 2.) The Telnet Webcluster, where I can display all DX spots for the bands and modes I am interested in, 3.) The DXCC Info screen, where it displays the Great Circle Bearings for the selected call, whether I have worked that prefix before and tells me at a glance what band and mode I worked the staion and whether that prefix has been confirmed or not, 4.) The log book screen with its various info icons. A great piece of software I can not do without. Download a trial version and you'll be sold on the programs usefullness in no time. I highly recommend it!

PS - Tech support is only an email away and is often answered in minutes!

K6QE Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using TRX-Manager to remote my Icom 7800 over the Internet. I have had excellent results and it supports every feature on the radio I'd care to remote and then some!! I can set the DSP the Noise blanker, retrieve memories, change modes, frequency. It changes just about everything excpet my underwear!!! The program does not support passing audio well, however. Anyone interested should use Skype to pass the audio over the Interent. This program is worth every penny and then some.

Jim, K6QE