Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Electric Radio Antenna Tuning Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Electric Radio Antenna Tuning Meter
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Goes between rig and tuner plus a connection to a dummy load and indicates proper tuner adjustment without radiating power.

You can write your own review of the Electric Radio Antenna Tuning Meter.

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2015 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Had one,wish I had it back. Best used when you already know the parameters of your tuners settings.

Super touching up.

N4LQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2002 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Works as stated. Highly recommended.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rated this gadget "great" because it's such a great idea! Inside, the circuit is nothing more than a simple resistive bridge and diode rectifier to power the meter. I was able to adjust my tuner using 5 watts to 100 watts on 40 meters with virtually no power going to the antenna. The transmitter loves it because it sees my 50 ohm dummy load while I'm tuning up.

One hint: Use a short coax between the rig and tuning meter for more accurate readings.

Construction quality is almost overkill.
See the product review in QST, April 02.

My only gripe is the reflective background of the meter. Reading a red needle against a chrome background isn't easy. A white background with a black needle would be better.

The circuit is so simple that I think all antenna tuners should incorporate these internally. Maybe ER could start making antenna tuners with this circuit built in. A potentiometer in series with the circuit would allow sensistivity adjustment although I've not needed it for my application.

ER can be reached at 1-970-564-9185 to place an order. They take VISA. Shipping was $4.95. Response was very quick plus they sent me a free copy of their magazine, which is excellent reading.