Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Antenna Tuning meter by Electric Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Antenna Tuning meter by Electric Radio
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Antenna tuner adjustment aid.

You can write your own review of the Antenna Tuning meter by Electric Radio.

KA4TWK Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2006 10:00 Send this review to a friend
It Works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree 100% with N4LO. It works. Have had it for over 2 years and use it mobile to help tune my screwdriver.

N4LQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2002 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Works as stated. Highly recommended.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rated this gadget "great" because it's such a great idea! Inside, the circuit is nothing more than a simple resistive bridge and diode rectifier to power the meter. I was able to adjust my tuner using 5 watts to 100 watts on 40 meters with virtually no power going to the antenna. The transmitter loves it because it sees my 50 ohm dummy load while I'm tuning up.

One hint: Use a short coax between the rig and tuning meter for more accurate readings.

Construction quality is almost overkill.
See the product review in QST, April 02.

My only gripe is the reflective background of the meter. Reading a red needle against a chrome background isn't easy. A white background with a black needle would be better.

The circuit is so simple that I think all antenna tuners should incorporate these internally. Maybe ER could start making antenna tuners with this circuit built in. A potentiometer in series with the circuit would allow sensistivity adjustment although I've not needed it for my application.

ER can be reached at 1-970-564-9185 to place an order. They take VISA. Shipping was $4.95. Response was very quick plus they sent me a free copy of their magazine, which is excellent reading.