Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | jLog Help

Reviews Summary for jLog
jLog Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Ham logging software for Java to run with Windows, Linux or Mac OS (Classic and X)
More info: http://jlog.org/

You can write your own review of the jLog.

WA4CZD Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2012 07:33 Send this review to a friend
good OSX logger  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using this for about a week now and it's been working well on a Mac OSX laptop. It imported my adif file from my previous logging program with no problems (I moved from a WIndows box to a Mac).

It supports both eQSL and LotW. I don't know if my LotW sync worked from yesterday, since it is still processing at ARRL.

The interface is easy to work with and has support for contesting and awards like WAS, DXCC etc.

Though the support forums don't have a ton of activity, I got an email response quickly regarding a question I had.

AA3EJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2010 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Logger!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed it into two DELL 1545 Win 7 64bit notebooks using JAVA. Installs great but you have to follow the installation instructions,EXACTLY!.. Download the program. Download and install Java FIRST!. Download the thee files and install them as LA3HM says. Then install the logging program Jlog using the latest installed release.[v4.6] It imported my 11k+ adif log with NO problem!.
Jlog provides a wealth of info to log for each QSO record and I'm extremely happy using it. Now to try the Linux installation!!...Congrats Arve, LA3HM!..73's Dave,aa3ej

KR4EY Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2010 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a update to my last review of two years ago.

After using jLog now for a few weeks on Slackware64 and seeing that is has been updated and performs nicely I will give it it a 5. I have no idea how the rig control works since I don't have the cables for my rig so I won't comment on that. But everything is working excellent. Thank you for a great product Arve. I always continue to come back to jLog after using other loggers on Linux and this is the easiest one to set up on a 64 bit OS.

N6OSB Rating: 2/5 Sep 9, 2009 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Linux - Rig Control & LOTW broken  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
jLog works great if you don't need LoTW support. Rig control didn't work for my TS-2000. CQRLOG is not as clean looking and rather bulky, but works!. jLog is so promising but no support. I'd pay to have a working copy of jLog. Too bad :(

KC0HKM Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2008 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Multiplatform Logging Application  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Runs on any Java capable operating system. It meets my current needs in both Windows (XP) and more importantly in Linux (SUSE 10.3). I may eventually use the more extensive rig control features - but for now, this is exactly what I needed.

The registration process is fast and the product is free to amateurs.

KE5AQD Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2008 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Great logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
The most useful aspects of jLog for my purposes is its lightening fast speed and its ability to export XML. I keep my entire 6,000+ entries log in jLog and it is able to search it instantly. jLog also mananges all my QSL bookeeping for cards, eQSLs and LoTW. I also appreciate the fact that jLog implements EVERY element of the ADIF spec as well as offering XML output. The XML output is useful for maintaing a web-based logbook. If you are interested in keeping a complete and detailed logbook, then jLog is the program for you.

VA7ACA Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2005 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Software and its FREE!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As mentioned in other reviews it is a JAVA application and runs on LINUX and/or Microshaft Winblows. It has many great features for contesters, award chasers along with easy auto-logging for eQSL to mention a few. The price is right $FREE !!! and I am sure that over the long run new/improved features will be added by the developers who are real people and will answer your questions quickly via email. I have tried several other logging apps and they are either garbage or they want big dollars for mediocre software. I can not say enough about this logging software, its very good!

KD5ZPW Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2004 23:44 Send this review to a friend
Great features, especially for use by a new ham  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I got my first rig, I started looking for a logging program, especially one that was supported on Linux. Since jLog is written in Java, the up side is that it works on any OS you can install Java on. The down side is that Java programs require a little more hardware to run them. I run it on an Intel Pentium III 850 with 512MB of RAM and Fedora Core 2. I also run it on my laptop (P3-500 w/ 128MB RAM). It runs just fine on the on the larger machine but lags on the laptop (along with everything else I run on it).

It has integrated lookup from both QRZ and the FCC database, so if you have an internet connection while logging you can pull up to date information straight into the log.

Check out the web site for a complete list of details. The author is very responsive via email.

Great job!

AA6E Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2003 17:31 Send this review to a friend
good features, cross-platform  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Java-based software is available from jLog.org. The price is right (free), and it works on just about any common operating system. I got it for its Linux compatibility. It has an eQSL.cc interface that works nicely. There is an Icom rig interface and a keyer, but I haven't tried them. Various contest and award features.

The developer is responsive to queries.

The one feature that I don't find is the ability to sort the log by date or other column.