Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Alpha Delta PathFINDER Digital Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta PathFINDER Digital Autotuner
Alpha Delta PathFINDER Digital Autotuner Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: Digital autotuner covering 1.8 thru 30 MHz plus 6
meters with digital readout. Select either coax or
balanced wire antenna with front panel switch and
built-in balun. 200 watt rating (100 watts 6 meters).
Wide 10:1 VSWR tuning range for coax antennas, up to
3200 ohms for wire antennas. Wider than internal
tuners. Audible signals for visually impaired.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta PathFINDER Digital Autotuner.

KA2SHU Rating: 2/5 Mar 23, 2003 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Lots of problems with the one I owned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The digital power meter was not accurate. It frequently read much more power than my rig was capable of. Other times it read less than what was actually there.

The tuner did not always find the best match on the first try. This was especially true when I using a random wire antenna which is why I purchased it in the first place.

The digital display stays partially lit even when the unit is off. It consumes some power when idle.

The unit was sent back to Mfg and re-aligned. Some of the problems remained. I know that these problems are unique to the tuner as my MFJ 949D works well without a hitch.

The tuner was returned.

WB8CAC Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2002 22:29 Send this review to a friend
YES !!!!!!!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have no idea how many antenna tuners I've tried in the last 35 years, but I've never been really happy with any of them.
I recently replaced a MFJ-969 ( NEVER GET ONE OF THESE!!! ) with the PathFINDER. NOW I'M HAPPY! This neat little box will match a democrat to a republican if you ask it to. Not quite as fast as I imagined it being, but it works! Massively simple operation, great performance, and a very friendly ( very cool looking ) display that lets you know just what is going on.
Can't wait for them to get a data cable for my FT-100D.
Gotta go now... gonna see if it will make my great grandmother's walker work on 160 meters... wish me luck.

K1VIP Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2002 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner-Cool ToY!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this little tuner. It cleaned up my shack, got ride of my stupid MFJ antenna switch for my inverted V and my Vertical. Has no problem tuning any bands in my setup. Tunes quick and is a great match for my FT-847 which has no tuner with it. The metering seems pretty accurate too.
And did I mention it looks cool??? Hmmmm
Buy one and know you got your $ worth. Now to play with some 450ohm latter and a bunch of wire!
--W9NRG

K8ML Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2002 13:49 Send this review to a friend
Best autotuner yet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At K8ML, I have used a variety of tuners over the years from manual ones to built-in transceiver tuners and I can say this one is by far the neatest one I have ever used (just got it today). I like the wide tuning range which allows me to go from band edge to band edge even on 80 meters. My transceiver tuner won't do that. Also, I can cover 80 thru 10 meters on my 40 meter dipole. Switching from my coax fed beam (C3S) to my ladder line 40 meter dipole is really handy. No external balun needed.

I love the digital readout. It shows RF watts, VSWR, which antenna is selected and shows both a bargraph and numeric readout. It also shows when the sound feedback is on. It's like having an autotuner, digital wattmeter and balun all in one box.

I notice in the manual that it was custom made by LDG to Alpha Delta specs. Now I know where it came from. Right on! Good product.