Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | K1EL K10PLUS Help

Reviews Summary for K1EL K10PLUS
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15
Description: $15 memory keyer kit
More info: http://members.aol.com/k1el/k10info.html

You can write your own review of the K1EL K10PLUS.

LU5BE Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2004 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Excelente accesorio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Muy buen accesorio para mi shack de radio.
Estoy muy feliz por tener el K10 y por su costo muy bajo.
Recordar que los capacitores de tantalio tienen polaridad.

Vy 73 y DX
LU5BE
Horacio "Hoc"

K4YAK Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2003 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took a K10+ chip, a handful of parts out of the junk box, and just put together a memory keyer for under $30 total. I included voltage regulation and reverse-voltage protection, otherwise I used the schematic from the documentation. I also omitted the speed pot, as you can adjust the speed from the paddles. Everything worked perfectly on the first try.

K0KP Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2003 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Keyer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The K10 Plus is a great keyer. I set mine up with some decent switches obtained from Digi Key. I would recommend you don't go with cheapo Radio Shack switches on this keyer. Tried 'em and took 'em out pronto! My keyer has the speed control pot, you set the pot to the speed you want and bump the button. Works quite well. I find more features with the K10 than the "Tick" keyers I also have put together. However, I find entering CW into the memory slots is easier with the Tick keyers as you don't have to match sending input speed to the keyer's clock. In the end, the K10 is feature packed and a great bargain! Thanks K1EL!

N4LQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2002 08:48 Send this review to a friend
I prefer knobs  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The keyer is easy to build and works as advertised however, most functions require pushing buttons and entering letters to make changes. I would at least like to have a speed control knob that worked without having to push any buttons.
I built mine in a small cast metal box and used push button switches from Radio Shack. These switches are horrible. Use buttons from another source.

N4EKV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2002 04:10 Send this review to a friend
Great CW, great price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This $15 kit does it all! Sends great CW, has 4 memories, and the PLUS's new 'W' command finally allows the weight to be adjusted for a more natural sounding CW cadence. I immediately upgraded the IC of my K10 Original after building my second K1EL kit, the K10PLUS. Highly recommended, and a super bargain.

The circuit board is of good quality, and the PLUS now includes a piezo speaker so you don't have to supply your own. Runs forever on a 9V battery, great for building into QRP rigs, and now I have one in an Altoids tin that just replaced my AEA MM3 on my fixed station.