Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | M2 EB-144 Help

Reviews Summary for M2 EB-144
M2 EB-144 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $120
Description: 2 Meter Eggbeater antenna
More info: http://www.m2inc.com

You can write your own review of the M2 EB-144.

N1GOD Rating: 0/5 Dec 19, 2002 22:25 Send this review to a friend
save your money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
although I only tested it for 1 week, I had more success using my vertical for uplink than the M2 egg beater, unfortunate considering the price of these antennas, I will say they look good and you will get comments from friends and neighbors, but at a steep price buy a good AZ/EL rotor with the money spent on both antennas. sorry M2 you continue to prove your loosers,this is stated from the numerouse comments from alot of your ex-customers, as well as myself

AG4QE Rating: 1/5 Sep 20, 2002 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality control  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received an EB-144 two weeks ago. I put it together one evening (very short process). Unfortunately, the top insulator is not aligned with the base, therefore the radials are angled. Along with the bend in the radials (wire) in order to ship them, it makes the antenna look rather flakey.
Contacting M2 only resulted in a sarcastic response (and they only responded when they were cc:'d on an email to HRO about it.
I personally will not purchase any more M2 products, no matter how they might perform on the air.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2002 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use M2 Eggbeaters on the downlink and uplink, with a preamp for the 70 cm downlink. This combination works much better than I had expected and the M2 antennas are built like tanks and worth the money.