Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | DWM YoYo Tenna Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for DWM YoYo Tenna Deluxe
DWM YoYo Tenna Deluxe Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Portable wind-up dipole antenna system. Plugs directly into tuner or rig. 2 through 40 meters.
More info: http://qth.com/dwm

You can write your own review of the DWM YoYo Tenna Deluxe.

W6EOD Rating: 1/5 Jun 17, 2007 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Less Than Impressed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned the antenna for 4 months. I have used it one time prior to today. I was putting the antenna up and it broke between the reel and the connector. I had high hopes for the Yo-Yo Deluxe but I will stick to plain jane wire dipoles from here on out.

KI6DZU Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2007 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Cheap, and effective  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked one of these up for a multi band portable that I could use for home use as well. It's easy as pie to set up, change bands and take down.
Have had some good QSOs on my FT-817 using PSK. Definatly worth the money.

W2DIP Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Great attic antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got my General ticket a few weeks ago and now have been able to use this great antenna. I put 3 dipoles in my attic and by far, this out performs them and has become my main HF antenna. I have talked all over the world with this thing. For me the attraction was the yoyo's because I can not reach then ends of my attic and the weight of the YOYO allowed me to toss the wires to both ends of my attic.

I tune it up with an MFJ 993B Intellituner and it works just great as my permenant antenna.

KA8CMH Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2006 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Some things not covered so far.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
In the previous reviews, it's nice to know the portability factor, the ability to change bands quickly and adjust the antenna length quickly.

But what hasn't been talked about is the permanent installation of the antenna. My system is for 75/80 meters only. But, I have two lengths marked for operation. I have one marking for the lower portion (80 meters) so I can work CW. And then another marking for 75 meter phone. So I can switch to either portion of the band in a matter of just a couple of minutes, with a fantastic SWR.

I have it mounted in a semi-inverted vee configuration, not too high above ground as not to interfere with the tri-bander. So far, the reports have been better than I ever expected. All of my reports have been S-9 or above, whether ground wave or skip. (And mostly S-9 plus!) Truly amazed at the unique construction of this antenna, and how I don't have to fool around with a in-line tuner just so I can go from the CW portion to the phone portion on 75/80 meters.

Well worth the price. They have several models to choose from. Great, friendly service. Go for it! You can't lose!

73 & 88 from Patty Smith - KA8CMH

K8IMR Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2004 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Unique, fun & plenty of FD qso's  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this for Field Day. The length chart they included was a great help. Tweeked the length for max power of 100 watts on each band, no problem. (We had a Yaesu FT-840 with no SWR meter.) But the biggest asset of all was it fit in my lunch box, with plenty of room left for my lunch. I didn't have to drag out a canvas bag with a bunch of poles, pipes and tripods you had to put together. It was ready to go as is. NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. A new way to carry around the tried & true dipole antenna. My hats off to the mfg.

W9OAG Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2004 05:37 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I know it's just a dipole. But seeing that this thing was insulated and we didn't have much time for set-up, we just tossed it up on the roof. We were amazed with the results! Take it camping or use it at home. Reminds me of the Hy-Gain windup antennas of the '50's. What ever happened to those things? Good luck, DWM. Hope you sell a million. Darn well worth every penny. Good luck, 73, Jim.

WB1BPV Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2004 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I give it a 5 because I live in a condo with no balcony and brick walls, yet I am able to make DX contacts on 10, 17 and 20meters with 5watts(FT-817) from my living room using this little gem.It isn't the greatest antenna, but it does work decently in a hotel room or even the inlaws back yard.If your antenna restricted, this can be setup and taken down quicker than the condo association can say "Whats that?"Ive got the Yo-Yo-Deluxe (2 reels) purchased for about $30 plus shipping.Can't beat it for price and performance!!!

KB3CVS Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2004 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered two YO-YO-Tenna Deluxe antennas for use during camping with the scouts. I'm happy to say I've been using them for over 12 months now, and they continue to work well. They are easy to put up (they are lightweight) and they have been durable for me, not one problem. I've done JOTA, Field Day, Kids Day, and taught several Radio Merit badges on these antennas without a problem. I've even installed them side by side with a multiband Alpha Delta, and the Yo-Yo-Tenna outperformed it, and was easier to setup. I also got the extension spools, so that you can simply clip the clip on, and continue spooling out wire for the lower frequencies. I almost always can tune 10-40m without the extension spools, and sometimes on 80m as well. With the extension I can usually tune 80m without problems. Other portable antennas I've tied have not worked as well, these are simple, to the point and work as well as any typical dipole will work.

KC0LMS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2003 14:46 Send this review to a friend
I Love It!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put a rush on delivery to get it in time for a back country trip. I had a great time working many people even if the band conditions were not great. I run the ft-817 and a Z-11 tuner. It took me less than five minutes to deploy and the ease at which it winds back up is wonderful. I give it five stars plus!!! Russ

N7ORS Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2003 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Affordable and Portable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you are looking for a portable multi-band antenna that is simple to deploy then you should try the YO YO Tenna Deluxe. My first contact on this antenna was Hawaii using 5 watts on 15 meters. I had it draped over some bushes about 5 feet off the ground. I connected an additional 15 feet of RG58 as a feedline. Mine works well on 10,12,15,20 and 30 meters. I haven't tried it on 17 or 40. If you want to work QRP with a minimalist antenna you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars. This antenna is a "mouse-trap" don't try to invent a better one.