Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Awards | ARRL WAS Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL WAS
ARRL WAS Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.00, $15.00 with pin (ARRL mem
Description: American Radio Relay League (Worked All States Award)
More info: http://www.arrl.org/awards/

You can write your own review of the ARRL WAS.

N8YQX Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Good starter award  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This was one of my first awards (right after WAC). With relatively low cost of domestic postage, the necessary contacts can be confirmed inexpensively for stateside stations. In fact, I was able to confirm my WAS Phone all on LoTW.

KC8WH Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2009 11:03 Send this review to a friend
Good starter award  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of the first awards I went after.

Got mine for 40 meter SSB and for added fun I did it with an inside antenna. I had a Slinky dipole running through the dining room, down the hall and into the radio shack. It sure made for some interesting conversations with vistors who were not hams.

I had a lot of fun getting WAS.

W6FG Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2008 10:19 Send this review to a friend
A Great Basic Award.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This should be one of the first awards a new ham works toward. It is within reach of even a very modest station. I like that they have endorsements, as the only awards I chase are CW. It's a nice looking cert and any ham knows WAS when they see it on a QSL. If you haven't yet, go for it!

W5CPT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2007 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Easy to get  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With the advent of LOTW and local card checking this award is now even easier to get.

N4MWY Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2006 13:39 Send this review to a friend
great award!  Time owned: months

My dealings with the ARRL were a pure pleasure. I sent my cards, application and fees in and got the certificate, pin and cards back 12 days later.

The certificate is patriotic looking (red, white and blue with the United States flag) and is a great addition to the wallpaper collection.

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2006 22:24 Send this review to a friend
Colorful and Representative of American States  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have the Mixed, CW and SSB but I'll never understand the itchy fingers syndrome there in any number of issues. It's like they are in denial of the organization's history.

They now have a bunch of nice designs but I just sense they can't leave well enough alone.

75 years of instantly recognizable awards but in the last 5 years, tinker tinker... they do more "damage" by making people end up with mismatches than they gain.

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2006 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Good award  Time owned: more than 12 months
No complaints here. I recently earned my WAS award for 6 meters, and was able to have the QSLs checked through a local card checker. Pretty good turn around time on award also. I have previously earned my Novice WAS, CW WAS, 5 band WAS, and 75m 2 letter extra WAS (they should have kept this one).

KG6AMW Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2002 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Dealing with the ARRL was a pure pleasure. Submitted by my cards, the application and the fee and they sent me a post card confirming they recieved the application. The award was sent 10 days later. The award looks good and I couldn't be happier.