Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Radio Mobile Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Mobile
Radio Mobile Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: This software is a tool used to predict the performance of a radio system.
More info: http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html

You can write your own review of the Radio Mobile.

KE5NAK Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2011 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Teaching electronics for the United States Navy, and of course being a amateur radio operator,I use this program extensivly. Showing grapicly how Rf propagates. It is a little on the hard side to learn how to use it, but after that it is a breeze. For all of the Linux users It is easy to set up under WINE (windows emulator). When this is used with PYTHONPROP for HF, you are pretty well up to date on propagation software. 73 ROB KE5NAK

AI4IJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2008 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Simply amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been thoroughly impressed with this FREE software! Apparently, it's been around for several years, but for some reason, I'm just now discovering it.

It took a few hours to get a feel for the software, try some examples, and retrieve the needed elevation data; but, now that's done, the program has come alive with rich features, some of which I had never even considered.

It's definitely a MUST for anyone interested in their local VHF/UHF coverage patterns and estimated range.

I hope you have as much fun using it as I have!

Richard
AI4IJ

W8CM Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2004 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Does a good job & and is free!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Let's see: free sofware, free updates, free program help and a chat group, free terrain data from the space shuttle program, and free maps. What could be better? I've been using this program for a couple years now. The author keeps adding features to this program, and it does a good job of accurately predicting RF coverage for my vhf and uhf repeaters. At work as an rf engineer, I've used commercial RF prediction software costing many, many kilo-bucks, but this is what I use at home. It takes a while to learn, but jump in, try it out, hang in there and you'll have some useful coverage plots as a result. No problems with pop-ups, etc.

KE4MOB Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2003 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Very, very, good.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This software is one of the favorites among my collection. It really shines when I am trying to do "what-if" style analyses on VHF antenna selection. Every repeater owner should have a copy to do coverage predictions before coordination.

I use the SRTM maps, which are accurate to 1 sec. These files are huge to download on a 56K connection but the information this program divulges is well worth it. A commercial program of this type would cost $$$, but at free, what shortcomings there are (and I am yet to find any) can easily be overlooked.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2002 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Super Software! And it's FREE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been tinkering with this software package for about two years - and I am astounded by everything it can do...even though I don't yet know everything about it. I have a couple GB on my hard drive of the digital maps necessary to make this program play (they are free too) and so far I have found that my empirical (driving around to see if the radio S meter matches the predicted signal) tests validate the predictions. Further, you can make your own maps by merging a coverage plot with a road map directly from MapBlast...and put yourself on them via a GPS receiver!
Mr. Coude' my sincere thanks for such a useful contribution.

KG4CEO Rating: 4/5 May 15, 2002 23:58 Send this review to a friend
Nice program  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is software that can help you predict the performance of your station.Its uses digital terrain data and information about your station setup.This data is added to system, environmental and statistical parameters to feed the Irregular Terrain Model radio propagation model.The software also provides 3D views, stereoscopic views, and animation.Its a really neat program.And best of all its freeware.Thanks to Mr.Roger Coudé VE2DBE.So go check it out.

Justin KG4CEO