Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Kenwood TS-570D(G) Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TS-570D(G)
Kenwood TS-570D(G) Reviews: 180 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $1,100
Description: A compact, affordable, full-featured HF transceiver.
More info: http://kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/ts570dg570sg.html

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-570D(G).

WH7DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Transceiver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great transceiver for the $$$. I bought a used one on ebay for about $500 and it works very well. Auto-tuner, Very Smooth, Easy Controls. I've been able to make contacts around the world with a dipole, 100W and a good location. Perhaps in the future I'll buy a fancy new radio but I'm in no rush.

WH7DX

W4KVW Rating: 4/5 Sep 24, 2011 19:08 Send this review to a friend
NOT BAD!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a pretty good little rig.The one I owned did NOT have any optional filters but still was better than I expected.Has GREAT transmit audio even with just the stock hand microphone.The built in antenna tuner worked great as well.It is NOT an ICOM 756 PROII or ICOM 746 PRO that I usually operate & it's NOT suppose to be but it is well worth what they are selling for on the used market.Pretty simple operation once the menu has been setup.Looks a lot like the NEWER KENWOOD 590 but has less features.

N5IVZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2011 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Value, Dependable and fun to use!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned this rig for over 3 years. It reminds me of a solid state TS 520s, which was my first rig. Very dependable and the antenna tuner loads up to anything.
Used it for a Mini "Island Dxpedition" at USCG Station South Padre Island, Texas. The rig was teamed up with my mini Buddipole on the mess deck. Had a great signal 200 yards away from the Gulf of Mexico!
This can be the perfect base or portable rig. I use it 99 per cent for CW.

K2VI Rating: 4/5 Apr 6, 2011 16:46 Send this review to a friend
well constructed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have to give it a 3.5 due to bad blow by on crowded bands. If shift works but when strong 15-20 over signals are 2.5k away it collapses. Another issue is why did kenwood eliminate ALC fast med slow on this rig??? To bad. I feel if there was a slow on ssb this radio would be great. I compared it with my ft-450 and everything was quite equal with the exception of noise. The 570dg was noticably noiser. Even strong signals on ssb, A an b test showed the 570 had background hash and the ft450 was pure signal with no background hash. Im thinking the 450 with roofing filter is the reason for this. Also "IF" dsp makes for a much quieter receive. I still think the 570 is a good solid rig for casual ragchewing and can be found for 600.00 on qth classifieds.

tony k2vi

KD5UDE Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2011 11:57 Send this review to a friend
perfect perfect perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
wow this is a very well built radio and so easy to use i love it and will buy anouther one!! this is a awesome radio kenwood is the best!!!!!!!!

VO1XH Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2011 05:26 Send this review to a friend
Very Intuitive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I attended the June Field Day at Signal Hill here in St.John's NL and done a shift operating the TS570 and was impressed with how easy and intuitive it was to use. I was in the market for an HF rig and after that it was decided that the TS570 was the rig for me.I found one for sale from one of the locals for a good price and in December of 2008,I purchased the rig.It has given me some very enjoyable qso's and has been very reliable,although,I am going to order the ssb filter to round out the package.Love the rig,and it will be in the shack for many years to come.73,Don,VO1XH

KA9HJZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2010 12:32 Send this review to a friend
it does everything i need to do.  Time owned: more than 12 months
My only other kenwood was the 820, i own several rigs and like them all, but the 570DG is easy to operate, by that i mean it has a button or knob for every operation, not like some newer transceivers that one button has 3 different functions, i dont have to have the manual by my side everytime i use the 570. also i like being able to operate low power, u can run 5 watts, for apartment use its perfect, i have no tuner complaints. you dont need to add filters and accessories are still available. i'm not a contester,I'm 100% CW operator, its a good old folks rig.

LA8DOA Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2010 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Great performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This rig have a very clear display, knobs, buttons and the menu works with no issues!!!

Superb antenna tuner!

Smooth and nice receiver.

Speaker is clear but NOT so loud.

This is not a high-end rig, rather an affordable radio for the average amateur.

With optional DRU-3 unit and 500hz cw filter I have fun every singel day!

N5IVZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Keeps going and going...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ever since i had an intermittent repaired, this radio has been great...
Good signal reports and a perfect low cost CW rig.

HR2TBD Rating: 2/5 Jun 9, 2010 05:19 Send this review to a friend
2 out 5  Time owned: more than 12 months
No radio is perfect but having owned a TS450SAT and compared to this. The TS570 does not worth
The money the RX on the TS570 is BAD but this is my personal opinion I will rate this 2 out 5