Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | Mizuho MS-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Mizuho MS-1
Mizuho MS-1 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $approx. $40 (4,600 yen)
Description: Speaker/mic. for the MX-S series handheld HF/6m SSB/CW monoband handheld transceivers
More info: http://www.qsl.net/ku4qd/mizuho

You can write your own review of the Mizuho MS-1.

KH7L Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2002 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Good solid speaker/ mic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like this speaker/mic. It is solid and the audio can be cranked up if needed. It is the same size as the old Icom-22S mic. It fits my hand just right. The new ms-2 is small and flat, I have to hold those with 2 fingers and my thumb.

KU4QD Rating: 4/5 Jun 5, 2002 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Very good speaker/mic., but a bit large  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MS-1 is the matching speaker/mic. for my MX-7S, MX-14S, MX-18S, and MX-21S HF handhelds. I have two and they get lots of use. Transmitted audio reports are excellent with this mic. Receive audio is about as good as you can get from this sort of arrangement.

If I have any complaint at all it's that the mic. is a bit bigger and fatter than most modern speaker/mics used today. Since the design hasn't changed since 1983 I suppose that isn't a surprise. Still, I won't rate it a five. The small, flat Tokyo Hy-Power speaker/mic. for the HT-750 handheld is every bit as good in a smaller package. That one rates a five.