Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA Iambic Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA Iambic Paddle
K8RA Iambic Paddle Reviews: 241 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $65
Description: Modestly priced, beautiful paddle
More info: http://www.k8ra.com

You can write your own review of the K8RA Iambic Paddle.

DK7OG Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2012 07:23 Send this review to a friend
P2-jr Excellent Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased my P2-jr with rosewood fingertips directly from Jerry. Excellent customer service as was mentioned b4. Got it today, unwrapped it and:
WOW! What a brass-shining beauty! This will be the eye-catcher on my operators desk.

Superb quality and all for a really good price.

This nice little thing promises many nice smoothly QSOs.

A truly fine example of "Made in USA"!

Thanks Jerry!

W2CRG Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2012 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddles!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using my K8RA paddles for about a week now, and I am very happy with them. As others have stated, attention to detail and craftmanship is excellent, and there is a fine quality to these keys that I have not seen from the more mass-produced keys. It's also nice knowing that the keys are hand-made (ok, maybe with the help of a smithy machine, hi). Thanks Jerry!

SV1OBT Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2012 06:34 Send this review to a friend
awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I went for the P-2 with magnets and the rosewood finger pieces. Shipping time was ultrafast for Europe. I have to say that the look and feel of this key is amazing. Very smooth and precise. The weight of the base is more than enough. It has never slipped on my desk. The built quality and materials used are excellent.
I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail that Jerry has put on it.

Thanks Jerry
73 SV1OBT

KT4GN Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2012 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my 2nd paddle. Iambic and single lever.
Mr. Jerry has the best customer service.
I am waiting for him to design a straight key.
Thank You, Mr. Jerry, and keep up the great work.

VE3DBB Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great customer service experience. Lightning fast cross-border shipping (5 days)! Extremely attractive paddle. A joy to use. Rock steady. Was using Vibroplex until now.

WD8CRQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2012 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Converted to magnetic return - works great.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well again Jerry came through = after seeing that he had engineered his keys to be converted to either/or magnetic or spring return tension – I talked to him this year in Dayton and he said he would do the alterations for me, so I could try out the magnetic idea. It works great!!! I won’t ever be a 30 to 50 wpm guy, or will I ever know if Jerry’s keys can operate at that speed, but I find most on the air at that speed, are doing it by keyboard anyway. I guess I'll just be a 18/20wpm iambic pounder right now – and at my age of 70+ I guess I don’t know if I’ll get better. I just wanted a reasonable “great” keyer – and his – in my opinion fills the bill excellently. I Love it.

But wait – if you don’t know this man – you need to hear this story I heard from some ham folks at a Car Show yesterday in Flint, Michigan – this ham told me a great story that happened at the 2012 Dayton Ham convention this year. Well Tom brought with him a newly licensed ham – a 15 year old blind fellow to the show - they went by Jerry’s booth K8RA, and played with some of his keys. Now Tom just learned, and to his amazement just prior to their venture to Dayton, this boy had taught himself morse code. He was over at Tom’s home and asked, “Can I work that DX station too”? Tom said “ Its morse code” – and the boy answered “Yes I know”. Well he got on the key and made that contact. The boy was excited since it was his first DX contact. Well to get back to the story = I guess they played with Jerry’s keys at the booth, and the boy was sending out his call etc. Jerry asked "How long have you been a ham" and the boy answered "I just got my General a month ago." Jerry turned around and gave the boy one of his keyers. I guess we can imagine, this boy was elated! What a gesture! Tom played with it that night and went back later and bought a key from Jerry too. Knowing Jerry’s history some, being an Eagle Scout, I'm not surprised at his compassion. That great gesture, is appreciated by all and Tom just can’t stop telling the story. So I’m taking this opportunity to also spread throughout the ham community, thanks Jerry for helping to keep the spirit alive. Armin WD8CRQ

N4MB Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful hand made brass key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This year at Dayton, I made the Key Tour, looking for a nicely crafted iambic paddle to fit my renewed interest in cw operation. The Bencher paddle I have is 28 years old and, even though the plastic and the spring has been replaced, I wanted something heavier.
I looked at Vibroplex, Bengali and a couple of others. Although the K8RA keys are not curvy, they are beautifully crafted and work as well as anything I found - there is no "slop" in the movement, adjustments are provided for everything you'd expect, and you have a choice between magnetic or spring paddle return. After testing all the others, I went back to K8RA's booth and chose the 5 pound P4. "Don't you want to try it out?" another prospective customer asked.

No, I'd spent the prior 2 hours seeking out and testing the competition! I was back to buy!

Because I was traveling by air, I didn't open the securely wrapped package until I arrived home. What a beauty! I assembled the provided cable and hooked it up to my FLEX5000. The paddle was adjusted perfectly and I have about 20 QSO's on it in the past 3 days.

...but wait, there's more. The price on these keys are much lower than the custom made competition. K8RA gets the entire ham radio experience - he knows we like a bargain. I think that the K8RA keys are a great comparative bargain, and I hope Jerry sells every one he makes.

WC2L Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2012 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was all set to buy a Bengali key for my station. I tested the K8RA single lever and fell in love. K8RA also overed to upgrade my old key to magnetic! There is not a better customer service company!!

AA3SJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2012 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Superb Paddle at a Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of Jerry's paddles at a hamfest recently, an earlier P2 (Series 1), and then sent it in for bearing and magnetic contact upgrades. The turnover time was incredibly short and the paddle was returned with a complete overhaul. The K8RA paddle is smooth, solid and will definitely see a lot of action in my shack. Jerry's service and friendliness is second to none. You can't go wrong here!!

N5JF Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 07:01 Send this review to a friend
great paddles and friendly customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called Jerry to place my order but I did have several questions.Jerry answered all my questions and I was so impressed that I bought two keys the P-1 and the P2-jr.My package came in just A few days.It was packed very well.A very nice documentation certificate on both keys with the model serial nunber and date manufactured.The keys were everything I thought they would be and more.Its hard to beat if your not happy with the key for any reason for 45 days just send it back for A refund.A good trick for the small light P2-jr use some BLUE fun-tak mounting putty on the rubber feet.It will stay put and it will all come off the rubber feet and desk top completley .Jerry is A true craftsman and A nice person to deal with.73's N5JF <><