Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | MFJ-1702C 2 Position Switch Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1702C 2 Position Switch
MFJ-1702C 2 Position Switch Reviews: 37 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: 2 Position 450 MHz Switch With Center Ground Position
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1702C

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1702C 2 Position Switch.

N7RST Rating: 0/5 Mar 20, 2015 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Poorest POS I ever had  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had these and even peeled off the MFJ label to find CS-201 which I assume is Diawa's??

Anyway, most have hit the nail on the head, the more you use them the less time they will work. The SO-239's when you screw/unscrew coax into them start to turn and lose connection, the connections themselves move internally, just overall, a piece of junk.

W8NYC Rating: 0/5 Jul 20, 2014 12:02 Send this review to a friend
MFJ 1702C  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought 2 of them in the last 2 months
I have HIGH SWR on both of them
Took them out of the line and the problem went away
I should have know

Steve
W8NYC

K7HIL Rating: 2/5 Mar 28, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
No detent, poor switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The switch does not have a firm detent and it is very difficult to know when a good connection is being made. The only way I could tell that I was on the right antenna was from the SWR!

I should have interpreted the relatively low cost correctly and taken the clue, I just spent more money and ordered an Alpha-Delta.

W7KHZ Rating: 2/5 Dec 24, 2012 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Not High Quality At All  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used many switches and RF devices over the years. I never thought that something as simple as this would create more work than necessary for me. While using this switch to troubleshoot and tune a new antenna system, I found that I was chasing a ghost (up and down a 30' ladder). The switch had a bad setting on the "B" side. I opened it up and still do not see anything obvious, yet will tear it apart further to find the problem. It is a quality package, but something inexpensive obviously made it into the production process. Sad to say, but I still have to treat my MFJ stuff still as a source of potential issues and not always a standard to measure against in my shack. I am rooting for you guys, though. Keep trying, and supporting us. It will get better!

KQ4KK Rating: 3/5 Jul 24, 2012 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Keep repairing it  Time owned: more than 12 months
When you switch the position from Position 1 to Position 2, the internal contacts move and lose connection. Open it up, re-aligned the contacts and put it back together only to have it do it again within a short amount of time. If you buy one, keep this in mind. When the SWR goes up, and the signals go down, take it apart.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2012 12:28 Send this review to a friend
No problems with all 6 MFJ switches I have!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've got 4 of the 2 position switches from MFJ, one being 12 years old and 2 of the 4 position switches. They all have performed flawlessly!

I use them to switch the antennas between rigs as well as switch between antennas. I often run the legal limit of 1,500 watts without any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!

SWMAN Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2012 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Ok for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using one of these switches for 11 years now and no problems with mine at all. Works just fine. I also have the 4 position switch 1704 and no problems with that either.
Maybe I'm just lucky. 73, Jim W5JJG

WA3HVR Rating: 4/5 Jul 23, 2012 21:29 Send this review to a friend
I have 3 for many years and they are great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
When the knob loosens, you simply tighten the screw on the brass insert. These have been in service for several years and have worked very well. I also have two other switches from other makers and they all perform equally to these. I find no fault with the 1702 and would buy them again. The only reason that I don't rate it a 5 is because of the round shaft and brass insert under the knob. This could have been designed better.

W8KQE Rating: 0/5 May 29, 2012 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Switch Failed!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this switch for a few years, 'babied' and used indoors, and only occasionally. I tried using it today to switch between my FT-450AT and TA-32JR, and I noticed signals were considerably down on 20m. I tried jiggling the switch back and forth, and signals would jump in and out. I could not get the switch to work. It failed. Stay away from MFJ switches!

WU0R Rating: 1/5 Jun 13, 2011 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality - Low Reliability  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a few of these because I needed something to use in a hurry. All I can say is they are poorly built and don't last long in service. One inherit problem is when you switch the position from Position 1 to Position 2, the internal contacts move and lose connection. I opened mine up, re-aligned the contacts and put it back together only to have it do it again within a short amount of time. Very poor design and not worth the $3 of parts. Look for something else, and avoid these. In a circuit where you have VHF, you will also see a dramatic increase in SWR (loss).

If you don't need to switch very often from one position to another, you may be okay.