Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil HM10 (-4, -5, or Dual elements) Help

Reviews Summary for Heil HM10 (-4, -5, or Dual elements)
Heil HM10 (-4, -5, or Dual elements) Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $65 (4/5) or 115 (dual) + 30 (int
Description: Heil Sound microphone

You can write your own review of the Heil HM10 (-4, -5, or Dual elements).

G0UAA Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2006 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a bit about my settings on the FT920AF

U-51=MIC-EQ=4
U-62=TUSBCAR= 0.300
U-63=PROUSB= -0.200
U-59=TLSBCAR= 0.300
U-60=PROLSB= -0.200

I use with the Processor ON and what a Boost to the Audio it gives, Around 2 inch from the mouth talking straight at it. With no Strain to get the Drive out of the Radio to the AL-811.
Ian G0UAA

G0UAA Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2006 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed a Heil HM-10 Dual HC-4/HC-5 on my FT920AF Running 25/50Watts into a AL-811 and its giving Excellant audio results with the DX & local rag chewing. One problem i had with the setup was RF on my transmitted audio, After checking all my connections the problem was my foot switch thats plugged into the rear of the 920 picking up stray RF in the shack even though all my kit is grounded to a earth spike. After unpluging the foot switch all is now Crystal clear & its now being keyed using the PTT fly lead provided on the Heil lead. Hope this may help others. 73's Ian G0UAA CQ DX.

Ps. The Heil is an Excellant,Quality bit of Kit.

KC2CT Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2006 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've just upgraded my 10 year old HM-10/5 to a dual with the addition of the HC-4 element. All that I can say is, "Wow!" The HC-5/HC-4 combo kicks a**!

I had a question on the mounting of both elements within the microphone and sent an email to Heil Sound. Much to my surprise within hours I received a reply from Bob Heil himself. That is service!

I currently use my HM-10/Dual on an FT-1000MP MkV and a bit of tweaking of the transmit carrier points was all that was required to make the microphone brilliant. No eDSP, no outboard EQ, and close talking the microphone has me receiving many unsolicited audio quality reports. That's good enough for me.

As I said, I have had the HM-10/5 for 10 years now and look forward to at least another 10 years of service from it.

Well done Heil Sound!

K3GI Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2006 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Great piece of equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my HM-10 with the HC-5 element for 10 years. Originally purchased for use with a Kenwood TS-440S, I've been real pleased with it. It works well with my Kenwood TS-850S and Icom IC-746. I've also used it on a TS-870S. Signal reports on all radios were good, and the audio quality often got positive comments. (Still do.) Just wish I had put out the extra bucks and got the dual element. Never had a problem or complaint with the microphone. I would definitely buy it again.

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2005 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Owned many Heil Products  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned many Heil mics including the HM-10 dual, Goldine Pro and others and always received comments on the wonderful audio. I once e-mailed Bob and received a fast and courteous response to my questions. I believe Bob would stand behind any of his products anytime.

KF3EG Rating: 0/5 Apr 28, 2005 13:44 Send this review to a friend
worthless  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a problem with the mic right from the start. I emailed Heil and even emailed Bob Heil thru his personal web page, never got an answer.
Audio was real bad, tried it on a TS 570d also on a Ten Tec and a Yaesu ft 920, didn't work on any of the radio's, same reports, cracking and unreadable audio.
Finally after not hearing anything back about this product, I pitched it in the trash after all a year is enough time to wait for a responce, I could have walked it there in less time.
I will stick with OEM mic's, atleast if you have a problem it might take some time to get fixed, but it does get fixed. Took $100.00 to learn this lesson.

Jim

AC7VX Rating: 4/5 Sep 29, 2004 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Good, not great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use the HM-10 Dual with my Icom 746 Pro. I have had a lot of comments on the quality of my audio on HF and two meter repeaters. I use both element settings and think the DX element is a plus for getting heard through a pile up. The only problem I have is the mic needs to be "pushed" a bit on the gain setting to be heard well. Good price though, well worth it for a new ham or if your on a budget.

VK6WB Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2004 23:14 Send this review to a friend
A+++MIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've got this mic HM-10 with HC-5 elemant. And
wired to my FT-757 GX and FT-990 . And Very good
broadcast audio report. Fantastic....
And on FT-990..set your carrier to -10.
and proc about +/- 12 o'clock.Love to hear you on
the band. 73's de GUS VK6WB

N3FQL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2004 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Love my Heils!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had both a Pro-set and HM10, both had the "ragchew" element. I run them through the W2IHY equalizer. I get consistent high quality audio reports on both Icom 756Pro and Kenwood 570 rigs. Bob Heil knows what he's doing. The fit and finish are evident of excellent quality control. Any questions about operation have been answered by the man himself. I wish all gear was made and backed so well.

K0KAV Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2004 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get great audio reports with this mic using it on Icom and Yaesu radios. The newer models are finished nicer than the older ones a few years back and come with a foam screen for breath blast. I'm very happy with mine.